“Great stay, until.....”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Shawano
Little Chute, Wisconsin
“Great stay, until.....”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My family and I stayed here for my son's birthday. The housekeepers and the women at the front desk were wonderful. I had a great stay until this morning when a guy came into the pool area to clean and he blew his nose right into his hand!!! I was so disgusted. He didn't even attempt to wash his hands. The bathroom was not that far away. I hated to touch the door handle to leave the pool area. If it weren't for that, I would have given all 5's.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank dtkandejk
Jason V, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
We are sorry for the regrettable last impression you had. We hope that we were able to provide a great experience in all other areas so that you will visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nebraska
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This Comfort Inn is one of the best Comfort Inn properties I've visited... right off of Hwy 29 in Shawano, Wisconsin... super friendly and welcoming staff at the front desk, and everything about the hotel has a feeling of newness which is clearly of the care this hotel is given by its staff. Room, wireless, everything was great... and BONUS.... a fantastic new restaurant called Max's right next to it... don't miss it! Anyone travelling and staying over in this area will be happy with the Shawano Comfort Inn and Max's restaurant...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jason V, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
We are delighted to hear you had such a great stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Algoma, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel in the city of Shawano WI for the money. It is a relatively new building. Has a nice continental breakfast with scrambled eggs and sausage. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Jason V, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
The staff here works very hard to maintain the look and feel of this hotel and we are encouraged greatly by your review. The desk staff never tires of hearing that they were able to positively impact our guest's experience. Thank you!
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this Comfort Inn with 2 other family members. We stayed a week. I was pleasantly surprised how nice this Comfort Inn was, as I am use to staying at Hilton Hotels and the like. Everyone was so friendly and nice! The breakfast was very good, the bed comfortable, and even the housekeeping staff was friendly and kept us in towels!! I would stay here again!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jason V, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for the review! You're comments go a long way in maintaining our great attitudes towards all of our guests. It is rewarding for us to know that you had a great stay and enjoyed our service.
Sherman, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a nice clean hotel with a friendly staff. Stayed here for two days on a business trio and was very satisfied with everything. There were six people in our group and we had to leave early on the day we departed. The staff make sure that breakfast was ready early so we could eat before we left. I will stay at this hotel again when in this area.The only thing that needs to be improved at this hotel is the internet connection. Had a good signal in the lobby area but was below average in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jason V, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay. We will make sure to take a closer look at the WiFi connection throughout our building so we can provide an even better experience. Thank you!
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Conveniently located, just off WI-29 (4-lane, technically not an interstate), about 25-30 miles west of Green Bay. As in Green Bay, room rates are higher on a "Packers weekend", plus I wasn't able to use my points for the stay; however, most Green Bay hotels require a 2-night stay on game weekends, and that was not the case here. Arriving about 8pm, I had to wait while two couples discussed who was going to pay for what, oblivious to a couple of us waiting to also check in; the woman at the desk noticed our frustration and upgraded our room, which was a more than pleasant surprise - while we didn't use the whirlpool tub for bathing, it and the extra space gave us an opportunity to spread and dry out our clothes from the game (rain throughout). The room was very nice, clean and comfortable - the hotel just seems to be very well taken care of - can't ask for much more.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there's an area to avoid, but I prefer upper floors, and request that when book...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations at check in. We hope to see you again soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Shawano, Wisconsin for two (2) nights while visiting family earlier this month. I was impressed immediately by the cleanliness of the hotel. However, it was the actions of the front desk staff that sealed my positive feelings about the hotel. My first morning at the hotel was a Saturday, and I found myself searching for a place to help me with my car's low tire pressure. The front desk staff went above and beyond the call of duty to locate someone - this after a rather unpleasant experience at the Shell Station. All turned out well, and the relief of knowing that my tires could be counted on to get me back to Memphis was priceless.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alisa F
Jason V, General Manager at Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for the kind words. Being able to help our guests above and beyond their expectations gives us immense pride and satisfaction. We are glad that you were able to have a wonderful stay despite the minor setbacks. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawano
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Bowler
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Pulaski
AmericInn Lodge & Suites New London

Been to Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI? Share your experiences!