“Clean, Friendly, Comfy Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in suite 108 with huge bathroom with jacuzzi. We had trouble with key card not working so maintenance was called in on Sat. aft to replace lock and all was done. When we saw the room had a sofa bed (Presidential suite had detailed only a sofa and max of 2 people) we invited our grandsons to stay and they loved the warm heated pool. No hot tub but pool so nice they didn't care. Only problem was the view...there was none. Both living room and bedroom faced a brown wall of the building 8 feet away...I'm assuming the suites on the two floors above ours have the same view. We were there for only one night so dealt with it as room, otherwise, was nice. Breakfast very nice and breakfast worker helped our grandchildren. There was no basket for the dirty pool towels so we, and others, threw them in a pile by the door. When we checked out, desk girl apologized again for room key issue day before. This isn't the hotel's fault but I am tired of inconsiderate people slamming their doors when most people are asleep. We stay several times a month in hotels and can quietly exit a room without even waking each other let alone people in other rooms but at 3am and 6am this morn doors were slamming. It would be wonderful if hotels would put a sign on the back of each hotel door saying "Please be considerate and close your door quietly". It is nice to have a suite where the bed is further away from uncaring people but you aren't always that lucky. That said, this was a great hotel and we'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Cameron B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Janet1950,

Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay, besides those few hiccups, and appreciate your kind words regarding our rooms clean, staff friendly and helpful, and convenient location.

We appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Cameron Bopp | General Manager
Holiday Inn Express-Sheboygan | 3823 Germaine Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081
T/F: 920-451-8700 | W: HIExpress.com/SheboyganWI | E: Cameron@PrideHospitality.com

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago and was impressed. However, this on this trip I was no where close to being impressed. The room door and bathroom door would not close unless you slammed them. The room smelled like a cross between curry and roman noodles. The shower faucet constantly squealed. The room only had 3 towels for a family of 4. The bed was so uncomfortable, it kept us up most of the night. All the electrical sockets need to be replaced. They would not hold an electrical cord in securely. I will never go back to this location again, and would never recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Cameron B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

azwi,

Thank you so much for letting me know about your stay. Feedback is a precious gift that all of my guests can provide. I appreciate you telling me about the few hiccups you experience during your stay with us.

I remember running into a few problems during my last visit out of town and unfortunately, I did not take it as well as you did. So, Thank you!

I am so sorry that these things happened to you during your last visit here. I can assure you that this is not the "norm" as we are consistently ranked in the top of Holiday Inn Express' through out the country.

Please give me a call at your earliest convenience! I sincerely value your opinion and look forward to having you back to experience the real Holiday Inn Express-Sheboygan!

Cameron Bopp | General Manager
Holiday Inn Express-Sheboygan | 3823 Germaine Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our room was impeccable. Our experience with the front desk, breakfast, and housekeeping staff was really pleasant. We will definitely stay here again when in the area. The pancake machine is a cute idea, even if they did come out a little rubbery.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony C
Cameron B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Anthony-

First off, GO BADGERS! Thanks for stopping by to leave us a great review.

From the Express Start breakfast, including your favorite pancake machine, to the state of the art rooms, our product and property has nothing but the highest expectations. We are a people oriented business that just so happen to be in the hotel business.

We love having you here! I look forward to making your next reservation when you come into Sheboygan.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

The CSR who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. I felt very welcomed. The rooms were very clean and the beds amazing. I didn't want to get out of bed! The breakfast was standard and good. There are options for everyone. Will be staying here again soon.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Cameron B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Celia,

Thanks so much for the great review and fabulous stay with us. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to our property because of our world-class staff and superior services.

From the Manager's Reception, Monday-Thursday, to the Welcome Bags for our IHG Rewards Club Members, our hotel is stocked full of everything you can think of for a outstanding stay.

We look forward to having you back here!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was blown away by the friendliness of the staff and the efforts they made to make me feel like a welcomed guest. Not only was the check-in process pleasant, I appreciated the acknowledgment of me as a rewards club member and I appreciated how the desk clerk, Katie, helped us to find a restaurant for supper. Clean rooms, great beds, great WI-FI access and a good breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary8147
Cameron B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Gary8147,

Thank you so much for the great feedback! As you mentioned, great beds, lightning fast WiFi, and a fabulous breakfast is what we are all about. It was great to hear that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer!
Come back and see us to find out what our dynamic organization has going on. We would love to have you back!

Thank you!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted promptly and check-in was a breeze. This was a business trip and we were delayed in arriving so the front desk staff was very helpful in pointing us in the direction of a place to get a quick meal, even at 10:00pm on a weekday. The room was clean, one of the cleanest I have seen, and spacious and had a nice large workspace. No bells and whistles but a nice comfortable bed, roomy bathroom and nice shampoo, soap...etc. My only comment would be that the room was very warm. I turned the thermostat down but could not get the room to cool down. I like it cooler than the average person at night though, so this may not be an issue for others. The morning continental breakfast was tasty and more than ample to fill you up on your way out the door. The fitness room was mostly cardio equipment but again was very clean and well taken care of and everything I used was in working order, something I usually struggle with at hotels. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy S
Cameron B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Amy S,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop us a quick note of encouragement! I find great gratification in you writing us a great review; probably similar to what you experienced when you walked into our property and found it to be everything you had hoped for.
From our breakfast to our workout facility, we strive to make efficient and smart choices for our working guests. Thank you for staying with us in Sheboygan. We can't wait to see you again!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is a Holiday Inn Express. There are no crazy bells and whistles. The pool looked nice, clean, and was over 5' deep (which you often don't find). There is no hot tub and the fitness room is mostly cardio, but I will certainly stay here again.

This is easily one of the cleanest hotels I have ever seen. Doing planks on my room's floor, I couldn't argue if you told me the carpet went in last week. The bathroom was spotless. While walking down the halls you could see the cleaning staff on their hands and knees, scrubbing the bathroom floors.

The beds seemed brand new. The room was well appointed with a much better than average refrigerator and microwave, as well as good places to store food and other supplies. The television was nice with a good channel selection. While I detest Wal-Mart, one is located a parking lot over and you could easily stock up on food, if you preferred not to go out.

The staff was very friendly, remembering me by name on a crowded week, days after I had checked in to the hotel.

I certainly plan to return when I a, in town.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DJAfterbar
Cameron B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43), responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

DJAfterbar,

Wow! What a amazing post! Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to write about what you enjoyed while you were at our property!

From the Cocktail hour to the fresh breakfast, we somehow manage to set new expectations for all of our guests.

Once again, thank you so much and I look forward to making your next reservation.

Go Badgers!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
#2 of 2 in Kohler
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)? Share your experiences!