“Nice spot for lunch on a summer like September day”
Review of Highland House - CLOSED

Highland House
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located directly next to the Sheboygan River the Highland House offers one of the best outdoor dining experiences in Wisconsin. Relax on our Upper Deck and enjoy one of our signature margarita's with our excellent appetizers and take in the best view of the Sheboygan river available in the city.With over 14 beers on draft and a dining menu that is just as varied and unique you are sure to find a familiar favorite or a treasured discovery.We are family friendly and can accommodate large parties. Call to make your reservation today!
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stopped for a late lunch, hoping for attentive service to keep on schedule. Pleasantly surprised with the nice view of the river. Plenty of choices on the menu, including some that offered healthy options. Service was prompt, food was well prepared and a step above the chains. Oddly, the most memorable was the fresh chips served with salsa and chips served to each table. They were light and nicely seasoned. My first visit, but I will keep this place in mind for my nice trip through town.

1  Thank Italyvacationer2010

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Listen- the atmosphere here is cool.....outdoor seating near the Harbor. That's about all this place has going for it. Service was average and the food was something I could've whipped up in a few minutes. In fact a few of us ordered Fajitas and the chicken literally tasted like it had been frozen and thawed out of our meal. Overall not bad, probably a good place to go if you wanna hang outside or if you have a bunch of kids with you but don't expect a GREAT meal. Average at best.....

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have been here several times and always had a nice meal. Fun ambiance and good service. I had a salad that was fabulous- the southwest caesar I believe it was called. Great place to go for a lighter meal (for me) and something filling (for my husband) after at day in the sun- so many choices!

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We loved the outdoor dining in a great location overlooking the river. The food was delicious with their own flair on Mexican food plus much more on menu ! I had the beef & cheese enchiladas with beans & rice. So tasty! 4 of us really enjoyed our meals & the prices were reasonable. The chips & salsa were great with a little secret spice on top. The guys got dessert & loved them! Key lime pie- not too tart & tasty. Blueberry cheesecake by Cheesecake Factory. Maybe 5 miles from Kohler golf courses. We will definitely return if ever in area!

1  Thank wegolfn
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Don't go here if you like Mexican food and have eaten it in any place approaching authentic. On the other hand, if you like causal, friendly atmosphere with helpful staff, interesting decor, great view, and great margaritas, the place might be worth a visit.