“enjoyable experience”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located directly next to the Sheboygan River the Highland House offers one of the best outdoor dining experiences in Wisconsin. Relax on our Upper Deck and enjoy one of our signature margarita's with our excellent appetizers and take in the best view of the Sheboygan river available in the city.With over 14 beers on draft and a dining menu that is just as varied and unique you are sure to find a familiar favorite or a treasured discovery.We are family friendly and can accommodate large parties. Call to make your reservation today!
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“enjoyable experience”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Very good food, excellent service and a laid back atmosphere. large menu. Nice view of the river.We had a burrito, large and very good, and the steak and chicken fajita's again a large portion the onions could have been carmalized more but was still above average and a nice presentation. Service was quick knowledgeable. We would go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank d b

Chicago, Illinois
“We liked everything but the food”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This place is probably a blast in the summer when you can sit outside and have a few drinks. You won't know/care that the food is pretty meh. Fish tacos were over-seasoned and tasted really fishy. Ribs were chewy instead of tender. The skinny fries were good and our daughter liked her corn dog. I did, too, better than my tacos. Service was friendly and attentive. Beer was cold.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice spot for lunch on a summer like September day”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stopped for a late lunch, hoping for attentive service to keep on schedule. Pleasantly surprised with the nice view of the river. Plenty of choices on the menu, including some that offered healthy options. Service was prompt, food was well prepared and a step above the chains. Oddly, the most memorable was the fresh chips served with salsa and chips served to each table. They were light and nicely seasoned. My first visit, but I will keep this place in mind for my nice trip through town.

1 Thank Italyvacationer2010
Portage, Michigan
“Average at best”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Listen- the atmosphere here is cool.....outdoor seating near the Harbor. That's about all this place has going for it. Service was average and the food was something I could've whipped up in a few minutes. In fact a few of us ordered Fajitas and the chicken literally tasted like it had been frozen and thawed out of our meal. Overall not bad, probably a good place to go if you wanna hang outside or if you have a bunch of kids with you but don't expect a GREAT meal. Average at best.....

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“very good.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have been here several times and always had a nice meal. Fun ambiance and good service. I had a salad that was fabulous- the southwest caesar I believe it was called. Great place to go for a lighter meal (for me) and something filling (for my husband) after at day in the sun- so many choices!

Visited July 2013