“Great place to eat for the steak, atmosphere and service.”
Review of Rupps Downtown

Rupps Downtown
Ranked #11 of 170 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I don't know where the "dated interior" reviews come from. Our experience was one of a step back in time to a grander era yet fresh, new and clean. You would not be surprised to see William Powell and Myrna Loy walk in at any minute.

1 1/2" thick NY Strips were tender and cooked to perfection. Service was great and personal.

Old Fashioned = bitters, whiskey(CC in my case) and 7UP with cherry and orange garnish, no muss no fuss just the real thing in all its perfection.

2  Thank BigRedOneArkansas

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Rupps is one of our favorite spots in Sheboygan. The food is top notch; you can hardly miss when you choose from the menu. The salad bar is excellent too, recommended. It's also quiet, if you're looking for that.

1  Thank BFE26
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Food was good - but the value is not there. For what you pay, there are better places out there. You won't be disappointed with the food. Service was good also. Agreed with one of the previous reviews - the interior hasn't changed in forever. You'd think that since every asset in this place has been paid for 30 times over, they'd either give you more for your money or do some updating.

1  Thank john-54220
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The service was great, but the food was ok. The atmosphere was a throw back to the 60s. The restaurant seemed clean, but could use an update.

1  Thank Cate C
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Nothing can beat this fantastic place. My boyfriend and I were referred to try this place since we have yet to find a great place to eat in Sheboygan. The ambiance was great very peaceful and relaxing, we were able to enjoy dinner without a large group of people surrounding. Our waitress was very pleasant and she had great service. We ordered the large tenderloin with creamy garlic chicken soup salad bar and baked potato. The salad bar had fresh veggies which were delicious the soup was to die for with great flavor and as dinner arrived I cut open my steak cooked to my perfection as I took the first bite and it melted into my mouth I was one satisfied lady and no complaints from the man. Towards end the waitress asked if we would like desert I asked if she had a menu and instead brought a plate of the most delicious looking things I had to order even though I was stuffed. It was a bit pricey but worth every penny.