“Can't Wait!”

Description: OPENED APRIL 2010
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Can't Wait!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Celebrated our 35th anniversary at Lino's on Saturday. Our second time celebrating an anniversary at Lino's because Lino and the staff made us feel special. Our family looks for quality dinning and we're not disappointed. Besides the eloquent atmosphere, the food was very good at a reasonable price.

• Visited October 2013

Minneapolis
“Rude & arrogant host”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My elderly mother & I walked into the place about 5 PM on a Sunday night with the place only half-full. The host came over, took one look at us (we were casually dressed, but no shorts or tee-shirts) & said he had two "very large parties coming in & there would be no tables available". How can the whole place be booked for the entire evening with no sign on the door notifying people of this? He did hand me a card for the pizza place down the road, however. How very kind of him. Apparently, we weren't dressed to his standards or didn't appear rich enough & therefore not worthy of his attention, but should go have pizza instead. I've never been treated that way before & don't plan to darken his doorway again.

8 Thank yumagirl
TerryJ59, Owner at Lino Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
It can be very frustrating running a successful restaurant that is occasionally booked solid with reservations. Some people don't understand that a half empty restaurant can fill within 30 to 45 minutes because reservations mean just that - tables are reserved for those who called ahead. We frequently suggest alternative dining options in our city if we cannot accommodate a walk-in guest. We do this as a courtesy, never as an insult!
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Great Service, average food..”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We went to dinner for our 2yr wedding anniversary hoping to have a delicious elegant Italian meal. For an appetizer ordered the fried calamari and it was perfectly cooked and seasoned. I got the lasagna and was disappointed, it was very runny and the meatballs were like from a can of chef boyardee. My husband got the lobster fettuccini in a cream sauce and the lobster pieces were smaller than a penny. Ended up paying over $80 and left feeling disappointed. We will not return.

2 Thank Sam N
Stillwater, MN
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a "hopping" spot, located in an enjoyable and newer area in Sheboygan. With the rebirth of the river area and the addition of the destination hotel/resort a number of new retail establishments have really made a great addition to the downtown area. Lino's is an enjoyable Italian restaurant with lots of space and a very open atmosphere, with delicious food and attentive service. I would rate this place among the better restaurants in most of the major cities I've eaten. Three of us split an antipasto plate, and my wife commented afterwards that she could have had that as a great entrée. The wine selection was a bit limited, but adequate. I had the lamb, which was a bit overcooked (I like mine medium rare, and was never asked how I wanted it cooked. It was closer to well done) but tasty.
We get back to this area about once a year, and will definitely return to try additional menu items.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Delicious food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

The ambiance in Lino's is warm and inviting, a tribute to the owners taste, great music selections, and wise decision not to crowd in more tables. We have eaten there only twice, during non peak times, and enjoyed great service (not too much or too little) and delicious food. We have eaten our way through Italy many times, and I cook great Italian food, so we try to order 'things I don't make at home' when dining out. I had the lobster fettuccini which was surprisingly full of lobster meat and not too rich, although I found the beef carpaccio salad drowned in lemon juice. My husband raved over the white bean soup and veal special. They also have a nice wine selection across various price ranges. We're not sweet tooth's so nothing to report on the desserts! The cuisine here seems to lean towards the Veneto style. We have also eaten at Stefano's and would characterize their food as more Tuscan, but still delicious! We really don't see the need to have a 'better than' - we just enjoy both places which are undoubtedly the top two restaurants in little Sheboygan.

Visited September 2013