“Great Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sheboygan
Lake Orchard Farm Retreat
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We recently visited the Lake Orchard Farm Bed & Breakfast to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We found the room to be spacious and very clean. The breakfast was delicious and filling. We enjoyed walking along Lake Michigan and Sheboygan had plenty of activities and restaurants to meet our needs. All of the details are provided at the B & B-glasses and a corkscrew for wine, candles by the whirlpool, cushy robes, custom scented soap and shampoo. The hosts are welcoming and friendly. It's a great bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda F

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I surprised my husband with a night away for an early anniversary gift. We came up from Florida to visit family and my sister was kind enough to take our three kids for the night. We stayed in Doris' room as were blown away by the ammenities and the attention to detail, from the soap and shampoo from Olivu, the sleep number bed, the antiques passed down from generation to generation...incredible! We immediately exhaled when we walked in...a feeling of relaxation washing over us. Mary and Nate are wonderful hosts, kind and welcoming! Maggie is a fearless guide dog that took us on many walks down by the lake. Lake Orchard Farm is a beautiful place, a slice of heaven, that we cannot wait to get back to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristine K
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at the Lake Orchard Farm B&B July 26-28 in Doris' Room. The drive along Lake Michigan was beautiful -- coming from Milwaukee, I forget all the lush green space Wisconsin has to offer!

Pulling into the Lake Orchard B&B, the first thing you see is a very well maintained working farm. The cows are grazing or peeking out from the barn. Checking into the main house you find a lovely seating area and then the community room which has a small bar, refrigerator/freezer and pool table. We met Mary who was very warm and welcoming. We briefly met Nate who was very friendly.

Walking into Doris' Room, I was pleasantly surprised at how big, spacious, clean and comfortable the room was. I instantly went "ahhhhhh". This room was sooo much cleaner than my own house!! :) We spent the first hour or so driving around a golf cart and played a few holes of "farm golf" -- an unique and very cool and fun idea!! Especially for people like me who are horrible golfers -- it was truly fun! We had a bottle of wine with us and it was a blast! I especially loved getting close to the gorgeous cows on one of the holes.

We wanted a "true Wisconsin fish fry" experience and Mary recommended Rupp's on Washington - what a GREAT recommendation. The restaurant/bar was exactly what I love most about Wisconsin - friendly people, good drinks and many laughs. Buzz the bartender makes a mean brandy old-fashioned! We both had the fish fry - the cod and the perch - the cod was especially delicious, but so was the perch.

Our first night's sleep was pretty heavenly. The sleep number bed was very comfortable, and the bedding plush and soft. And not a noise could be heard!! It was sooo quiet!! We woke up, grabbed some coffee from the community room and waited anxiously for our first breakfast. Mary delivered to our room some really good farm cooking -- I have to say she has some mad cooking/baking skills!! Sometimes "breakfast included" means some stale danish, or some cereal -- not at Lake Orchard! Each morning we had a freshly-baked egg bake with veggies and cheese and herbs! We also had some brulee'd grapefruit which is my new favorite thing in the world, some watermelon and fresh raspberries. AND don't get me started on the coffee cake!!!!! Each morning, a different slice of warm, delicious, melt-in-your-mouth coffee cake -- truly made with love and great ingredients.

Saturday, we went into Sheboygan and it was too cold to kayak but there was plenty to do. Prior to going to dinner, we enjoyed a soak in the lovely hot tub with a bottle of wine, listening to music -- it was awesome!!! We had dinner at Trattoria Stefano which was very very good, but I must visit again to explore the menu some more.

Saturday night we got a solid 10 hours of sleep - woke up refreshed and enjoyed another delicious breakfast. Then Maggie the dog joined us on a walk down by the lake. She's a very friendly dog and made missing my 2 dogs at home easier. We also were chaperoned around by Pepper the little black/white cat - we love animals so didn't mind the furry escorts at all.

Then, we had to check out and say goodbye to Lake Orchard B&B. I HIGHLY recommend this B&B for long weekend! We came back so relaxed and recharged and loved spending some quiet time together.

Thank you Mary and Nate for opening your home/farm to us! We hope to visit again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Well.....I am just blown away. This was a specially planned anniversary get-a-way for my husband and I, and I wanted it to be GREAT as there is so much that goes into getting away for us. If you are parents of little ones you can understand :)
We arrived for our stay in Helen's room late as we were driving some distance and stopped in Milwaukee for dinner. Mary and Nate were so accommodating for our late arrival and we found our front lights to the door on welcoming us as soon as we pulled into the drive. I wish we could have arrived while the light was still up as the views are just amazing of Lake Michigan. Even so---we settled right in and enjoyed the amazing space they created. Every detail is covered and there are so many touches to the room that go above and beyond what is expected. The room is immaculately clean, the Jacuzzi is large enough for both my husband and I who are quite tall, everything is cozy and inviting down to the sleep number bed and beautiful bathroom. There was also a mini-fridge in the room where we could keep snacks, wine and anything else over the weekend that needed to be stored. The flat screen TV was never used but is a nice addition if you brought something along that you wanted to watch.
The next morning we woke up and took in the view of the water that just makes you exhale and breathe a little lighter. Mary makes sure coffee is ready in the common area if you want it early( which my husband did) and we relaxed and took in the view until our fabulous breakfast arrived. And let me tell you....it is worth the wait. Wow!!! Literally you say wow as you take each bite. Thanking God we had a very active weekend ahead of us--we didn't feel bad polishing off every bite :)
I had no idea the grounds were so lovely. This is one of the most clean and organized farms I have ever seen. We borrowed the bikes Mary and Nate have available to take a little ride along Lake Michigan before venturing into town to Kayak. As we went to get them, Mary said she was just going to collect the chicken eggs before heading out for the day. I immediately said I wanted to come :) So----she very graciously let me tag along into their beautiful walk-in chicken coop. I wasn't brave enough to reach under the hens, but was able to grab 3 in the roosts. SO FUN!!! On our way back to the bikes I of course had to say hello to each of the young cows in the barn as well. Something about being around animals just makes me smile.
We had a fun filled weekend of golf, kayaking, lots of biking and hiking-----and LOVED coming back to our little retreat for a hot bath and time of relaxation. We slept wonderful and left each morning filled with scrumptious food ready to take on the day. Please don't pass up walking around the farm and having Nate and Mary give you a tour. Also, make sure you do a round of golf on their property---it really is a lot of fun. You might even have an entourage of about 30 cows at hole #5. One of the funniest memories of the trip :) They are 15 minutes from Sheboygan where we biked and dined and kayaked. So close to it all.....yet so far away for when you want to feel secluded. The private walk down hand-made stairs all the way to the beach of Lake Michigan was the cherry on top before we left. We are already planning our next trip back. Thank you Nate and Mary for an amazing and memorable anniversary weekend. You couldn't have been better hosts. I enjoyed getting to know you and your farm.....and I just LOVE your little slice of heaven on Earth!!!! Summer and Jason
(visited in July when the temps were 55-60------had a fabulous time!!! )

Room Tip: We loved Helene's room as it faces the water and it the lesser expensive of the 2 facing the wat...
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary at the Lake Orchard Farm Bed and Breakfast and wished we had been able to spend a few more nights. Our room was great and had a wonderful view of Lake Michigan! Breakfast was served in our room and was excellent! We are really looking forward to going back!!

Room Tip: We stayed in " Doris' Room " .
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I just recently stayed from 7/21-7/25 here and it was simply wonderful and most of all relaxing. We stayed in Helene's room and it was amazing. We had a lake view and there were flowers planted outside our french doors which was beautiful to look at everyday. At first it looks like there will be parking outside of the room but no one is allowed to park there unless of course you have Helene's room, so the room is still very private and your view is never obstructed. The room also had shades for each door and window which allowed even more privacy. Helene's room is great, even though it is on the main floor it is off to the side of all the other rooms that are upstairs and gives you easier access to the common rooms and the outside. Had no problems hearing anyone above us until our last morrning there but it was still muffled enough not to be a concern. The room was completely charming and with the one brick wall of the room, it really made it feel romantic and rustic. The jacuzzi tub was so inviting and relaxing especially after a long day of touring the local towns. During the entire time of our stay, even though there were other couples and a family staying at the cottage, we really felt that we had the entire place and farm to ourselves. HIghly recommed Helene's room for any couple looking for that special romantic getaway :)
As for the farm and activities there, everything was perfect. My grandma and grandpa had a dairy farm when I was young, so this farm really took me back and made me feel like a kid again. They have cows, chickens, dogs, and cats and the dogs/cats are the friendliest you can find. Nate and Mary along with the previous generations have really made this a special place. You can see their passion in every inch of the property. You can tell they put thought behind every room and every aspect of the farm. The game room became our favorite thing to do, playing pool was fantastic especially seeing my game improve with every night spent there.
The golf course was so much fun to play... my husband had his own clubs, but Mary and Nate provide golf carts and clubs if you want to give a game of golf a try. We didn't get to hike any of the trails (the weather was pretty cool outside 65/75 degrees all week and the pool and golf kept us pretty busy) but they have maps of the trails along with golf score cards to help map out everything. Not sure if we were supposed to be in the building with the ping pong table, but we went in and played ping pong too...like I said this place makes you feel like a kid again. :) From the inn, the lake, the room, the orchards, the golf course, the game & common areas this is a truly unique and special place to make you feel like you are away from it all. But if don't want to be away from it all, Lake Orchard is anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes from other areas/towns of interest. If you are a golfer....only a minute from Whistling Straits.
I also have to give it up to the food!!! I'm kind of a picky eater but I tried to eat everything because it looked amazing and then it ended up tasting AMAZING!!! Breakfast was served usually after 9am everyday with the option of having it brought to your room or you could eat downstairs with anybody else. We had fresh fruit everyday and fresh juice everyday!!! So skip going out to breakfast ....stay and enjoy breakfast.
Lake Orchard Farms, Mary, Nate, and all of their staff have my sincerest thank you for the wonderful time we had there and we truly appreciate all the hard work that you did behind the scenes to make our stay effortless. Thank you....Thank you!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The facilities and staff at Lake Orchard are wonderful. There is a variety of activities on site for those wanting to get out and about. Clean, quiet, and expertly maintained. I would not hesitate to recommend Lake Orchard to anyone. We are so happy we found this bed and breakfast. We will definitely return, no question at all.

Room Tip: We viewed several rooms. I am not sure there is a 'bad' room. For lake views, choose Dori...