“Standby for Mexican in Sheboygan.”
Review of El Camino

El Camino
Ranked #18 of 164 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Standby for Mexican in Sheboygan.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I always go to El Camino when we are in the mood for Mexican. It stands up to comparison against my favorite mexican places in Milwaukee! The salsa is wonderful and always super fresh! My husband thinks the steak tacos are the best in the area. Always a good choice. BUT, the bar leaves a bit wanting. If you are looking for a good bar hangout--or even just a martini to go with your dinner you'll be disappointed. Stick to the menu and you'll be fine.

1 Thank Hannah L

Bradenton Beach, Florida
“Family Favorite”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Wonderful chips and salsa, great wet burritos - I usually order the bean and cheese or the chicken. I can't really comment on anything else since
I love these dishes so much.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Margaritas and good food”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Really yummy margaritas made jsut right! The food is good and the portions are HUGE. I loved the MILD salsa (made in house) and probably the best I ever had.

Cambria, California
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I've been here a few times. Excellent traditional cuisine. Generous portions, Thursdays are Ladies night, margaritas are $3 that night. Check it out. Recommend the chili rellenos... yum. Plan to return...

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I have not been to many authentic Mexican restaurants so I'm not sure I can judge the authenticity of the food, but it was delicious and the service top-notch.

It was ladies' night and we had $3 margaritas! Can't beat that as they are usually $8.50. There was also a strolling Mariachi band that played us a song, making the whole experience delightful.

I would def recommend and do plan on returning the next time I'm in town. If you are looking for a quiet date spot, this probably isn't it. The acoustics make this place very noisy.

• Visited February 2013