“I wish I could give this a 6 out of 5”
Review of Bookworm Gardens

Bookworm Gardens
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Sheboygan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Open seasonally, May 1- Oct. 31. Botanic Garden based on children's literature in Sheboygan, WI.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“I wish I could give this a 6 out of 5”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Bookworm Gardens is exactly what's right with the world. It's peaceful, whimsical, educational, imaginative, thoughtful and so perfect for families to spend a few hours exploring, reading, and bonding. I highly recommend this.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank CCSconsin

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“A MUST SEE”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Bookworm Gardens is one of the reasons why my husband and I love raising our 2 and 3 year olds in Sheboygan. It is truly a magical place! We go there several times a month. In addition to the many gorgeous gardens (that changes with every visit) there are many interactive stations that keep my girls occupied for hours. Their favorites are the magical schoolbus, water pump (for children to fill up watering cans to water the gardens), a "Click Clack Moo" typewriter in the barn, visiting Winnie the Pooh in his tree house, scrubing the Dirty Harry (a dog) statue. When they are done playing, grab a book and read it to the kids while having a picnic.

There is so much more.....you'll have to bring your family and see it for yourself!

Best of all, it is FREE. It's always open, but the Administrative Building (and bathroom) has listed hours.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank foodie007
Houston
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Little Gem!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I visited Bookworm Gardens with my mother and 19 month-old daughter and we all loved it! The gardens are beautiful and there are many areas for children to explore. Throughout the gardens there are stone pillars with boxes set in to them. Open them up to find books to read with your kids! The Hansel and Gretel cottage is so pretty and they have many books inside to read as well. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy it near the barn from Charlotte's Web. As we were leaving we noticed a new area was being built! We had a fantastic time and can't wait to visit again!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Mich_TX
Mokena, Illinois, USA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Didn't expect it, but loved it, and so did our kids!”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We went to Bookworm Gardens with my 10 year old twins and my nephews, age 10 and 7. The dads came along a bit unhappily. Everyone was dazzled by this place. Amazing gardens and so interactive for the kids. Each area had a book theme. For example, for Magic School bus there is an actual school bus with wings the kids can play in and pretend to drive. There were a number of spots where my kids grabbed the book and read together. There was quite a bit to do and the kids were able to run around and do activities. We all loved it!

Visited July 2011