“Dirty”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This hotel in Sheboygan wi on its website, looks like it has just had a refurbishment, but photos can be decieving. Checking in was a little weird. There is not a normal check in desk but two lower desks with two chairs in fromt. This set up is not only awkward but makes it difficult to check in when you are carrying bags. The breakfast area is also very small too small for a hotel of this size. The lobby area is also very loud, during breakfast hours.

The room:
We had a king grand fireplace suite. Our room was located at the top of the lobby stairs looking out into the lobby. American inn prides itself on having quiet rooms. Due to the location of our room I could hear everything in the lobby during breakfast.
As there was no other rooms available that night my sone slept on the pullout in the room. when we opened the sleeper sofa we found it not to olny to be dressed with sheets and blakets but stained sheets and blankets. multiple stains on the sheets in different places. There were also mutiple stains on the chair in the room. the bathroom in the room was very small and dated.

Overall the staff was pleasant but the hotel was just not clean.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ChicagoKman
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan

Reviewed 20 June 2013

As fate would have it some one was sick on our vacation and this time it was my turn. This was our first trip to this hotel and it was more than adequate. There was a nice pool room and local to fast food so the evening went smooth with entertainment for the kids and dinner.

Room Tip: This is one of those right off the highway and right back on hotels with plenty of others stores wit...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This AmericInn has a comfortable renovated lobby with breakfast each morning. I'm told there are appetizers and beverages at happy hour - but was never around to see. Breakfast had a nice variety for a free breakfast buffet, including make it yourself waffles, cold cereal, toast, pastries and a rotating hot tray of breakfast foods. In addition there is a fridge with yogurts, cottage cheese singles, hard boiled eggs. Rooms appear to be renovated but still show their age. AmericInn promotes their "quiet" rooms and I agree, it was a quiet room with little noise from adjoining rooms. Really like the triple sheeted bed!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side of the building do get highway noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stay there whenever I am in town. Appreciate the friendly welcome every time. Nice to see the friendly gentleman at the desk most of the time that is ready and willing to make my stay a pleasant one. Like the availability of the breakfast- don't always use it but it is nice to have. The rooms are always clean (don't want to worry about some of the horror stories I have heard about motels.) Hot tub is nice to be available too when am tired. Usually stay at least a few days. Just always a place I can count on being clean, quiet, safe (as I usually am traveling alone and am a woman) and comfortable. Am staying again this August. The prices are generally more reasonable than comparative motels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient and the price was great. Typically pay twice as much for less room. The interior was brand new. Room was immaculate. Bathroom was spotless. Bed was comfortable, AC was quiet. And there were TONS of conveniently placed outlets! Highly recommend and will likely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JoshHM
ShannonA281, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear JoshHM

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. Being that we have recently remodeled, I am happy to read that you noticed our new bedding, artwork, lamps and repainted rooms. We strive to provide immaculate rooms and outstanding customer service. It pleases me to know that your stay with us fulfilled those expectations.

Shannon

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I was surprised at how clean and lovely the hotel was upon my arrival, I spent several days and every staff member I met was competent and friendly. I had seen a 'two star' rating on the internet and wasn't expecting anything special but this hotel is the best 'bang for the buck' I have encountered in a long time. The staff is outstanding - kind and friendly and very competent, and I would confidently recommend it to anyone and return there myself.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 172MaryR

Dear Mary R

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. Providing excellent guest service is our top priority at the AmericInn of Sheboygan. We were happy to see that you received friendly service and enjoyed our guest rooms during your stay.

Shannon

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We checked in with a great guy named Jesse that made my nervous daughter very excitedabout our stay. We enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra night. Great customer service. When we were coming and going Jesse interacted with my kids and they felt like one of the adults.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank rhondalee1980
Jesse K, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear RhondaLee1980,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. I appreciate your kind comments and am glad that we were able to put your daughter at ease and she was able to enjoy her stay with us.

Jesse, GM