“Definitely would not come back here again!”

La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed 20 August 2014

There were ants in the bathroom. There was trash on the floor in the main room when we checked in (not properly cleaned before our stay). Our room was not cleaned daily. The beds were not made daily. The first day there was a note on the bed that said they will not make the bed because my kids left personal belongings on the bed. I understand that. So the next day, we made sure the beds were clear of our belongings and the room was not cleaned at all. We were in the room when they went by the first time to clean and they never went back to check later. The floors were never vacuumed during our stay. We had 4 guests in our room and only were provided with 3 towels. There was a dirty towel from a previous guest left hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Gross! The cups were not replenished after we used them. The surfaces of the desk and dresser were not wiped down at all. I am not sure what the cleaning crew does during a long stay, but from our perspective, it appeared that they did nothing. They made the beds a few times, and gave us clean towels (not quite daily). But that was such a bare minimum of service. The front desk staff was always kind and helpful, but I should not have to ask the front desk to make sure my room gets cleaned, beds made, enough towels provided for all of us. I selected this hotel because it had a fitness center. The fitness center was very nice, simple, but it worked. The garbage in there was emptied once on our visit and I used the fitness room daily. I did not realize animals were allowed in the hotel. Next time I book a hotel I will make sure animals are not allowed. It was not nice being woken up by dogs barking. The hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. Continental breakfast very simple (lots of carbs!); enjoyed the hard boiled eggs and apples. Beds were awful! I woke up every morning with a sore back. The closet was about a foot across, which was so tiny it was almost useless. You could hang up 5 items in there and nothing else fit. I definitely will not be staying at La Quinta again. Or at least not in Sheboygan, WI.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My best friend and I spent the weekend here while in town for a family reunion. It was a nice, quiet hotel, that is very professionally managed and was a pleasure to visit. The breakfast was good, although I'd have liked some meats and cheeses in addition to breads and cereal. They could have had HBO too. (Big True Blood fans here) However, those are minor shortcomings and it was well worth the price!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The AAA rate was $67.50. Room was quiet, well lit, bright, roomy and comfortable. The furniture and carpeting appeared to be relatively new. The desk chair and lounging chair were both comfortable, but the sitting chair did not recline and did not have a foot rest. Shower worked well and the sink area had a large counter. Bed had a comfortable pillow top king mattress. The inn offered the standard breakfast of waffles, bagels, muffins, dry cereal, milk, juice and coffee. The breakfast room was also well lit and bright. Staff was friendly and helpful. The La Qunta in Sheboygan, WI is a match to inns charging twice as much. It was well worth the money and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: South wing, floor rooms are near an entrance and do not get a lot of foot traffic. They are in a con...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank truckerturtle
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

It is a very pleasant and convenient motel with an exceptionally helpful staff. It is great for the traveler with dogs. (Would have given 5 stars but save that for some place extraordinary) We have stayed there before and will again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stopped in Sheboygan making our way back to Milwaukee to fly home. This La Quinta is right off the freeway and so easy to get to. When you are tired and ready to rest that is really a positive in my book. The check in was really easy and the gal that was on duty that particular day should be commended. She was helpful and sweet, even called after we got to our room to make sure everything was fine. The room was clean and comfortable and I'm glad we stopped here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dmant
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for one night before our big Kohler golf adventure. The accommodations were nice and clean with great access to the parking lot. The bed was too soft for me, but I still got a good night's sleep. Free breakfast was nourishing and make your our waffles was kinda fun too. Overall, good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

First time in this area and defaulted to this brand due to prior experiences. Only surprise was that this property was just two stories as I perfer a higher floor but was given a nice room on the 'quiet' side on the building away from the din of the parking lot. Pleasant stay and would stay here again next time in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business