“Great value for the money. Clean and comfortable with new owners!”

Econo Lodge Sheboygan
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I don't honestly know what people expect from an older, value priced hotel? We had a room with two double beds and it was very clean and comfortable. The owners are new, very nice and in the process of fixing up the outside etc. We couldn't have been happier. Best of all it is right in the center of everything the historic downtown area has to offer. All within walking distance. I will definitely stay again.
Great value with comfortable, clean accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Erin S

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We came up from VA for a reunion at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center nearby. The owner is a super guy doing multiple things always with a smile on his face. He helped me with boarding pass and printed them for my family, helped me clear up a registration change made through another online group. My wife helped his little boy learn to swim too. He located a gas station and printed the map near the airport in Milwaukee so I could fill up our rental car. The employee's were also friendly and this hotel is near Lake Michigan (walking distance) and in downtown Sheboygan. We love Alex !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank m0tt0m
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was a bit concerned by the low rates in May (~$53+tax/night w/ AAA) but also read good reviews so thought I'd take a chance. Building is somewhat dated but our room on the 3rd floor was remarkable clean. Usually in budget hotel the carpet, wallpaper, drapes are well worn but our room had like new carpet and everything was very clean. What a pleasant surprise. Had one or two minor issues and told the front desk and said they were in the process of fixing.

The location to downtown is great. Lots of neat shops and buildings downtown, don't miss them!

Parking lot was rough but also in the process of fixing. I really believe if there was a problem the front desk would have corrected it. Breakfast was typical and a bit understaffed but again for the price I was happy.

Like I said, not perfect but if the staff continues to offer clean rooms for a value price, small issues can be overlooked and they should continue to receive good ratings. Didn't use the pool or any of the other amenities so I can't comment on them. The owner at the front desk was very nice helpful with local suggestions.

Room Tip: Had a nice 3rd floor room overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel's website description is different from my experience. When checking in, the hostess was nice, but that's where it ended. I went to my room, to leave my overnight bag and left for my appt. I returned around 10pm. When I got ready for bed, I pulled the cover to find stained sheets. It was late, so I just laid on the cover. In the morning when taking a shower, there was mold all over the shower curtain & along the grout lines. When going for breakfast at 6am, there wasn't any waffle mix or juice. Just stale cereal, dried up fruit, expired yogurts and jellies (jellies turned into rubber), and 1/2 loafs of wheat and white bread. I went to the office ad no one was there. There was a phone on the front desk to dial for front office. I dialed and the front office & rear office phones rang, but no one answered. I had to go elsewhere for breakfast. I complained on Choice Hotels website and they sent a "We're sorry" letter and said the hotel would contact me. It's been over a month and no one from the hotel has called me yet. There are other similar online complaints. Just beware. Check your room and make sure breakfast fresh and as described. I'm STILL looking for a refund.

Room Tip: Look at your room to make sure it's cleaned!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank John W
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My fiancé and I came here for the weekend. When we checked in, we were informed our original room we reserved had a problem, but we were upgraded to the whirpool suite for free! This was great customer service, and the man at the front desk was very helpful and kind. We enjoyed the food at the Executive Pub, the arcade, and the color scheme of the hotel. It had warm red and tan colored walls, and a fireplace sitting area downstairs. The bed was very soft, and the tv looked new as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sonjafunnell
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed at the Econo Lodge for one night with my daughter who met me halfway between her home and mine. The AARP price rate was very affordable, and since I was only using the room for sleeping overnight, I didn't need a fancy hotel. The rooms were o.k. There were 2 narrow windows, maybe 2 feet wide and 8 feet tall. There was a small fridge, but no microwave. The beds were very comfortable for sleeping, but you have to be careful if trying to sit on the side. The mattress tipped up. It did this on both beds. The rugs were very clean. As mentioned in a previous review the bathroom is very small. If someone was of a large size, it might be hard for them to maneuver themselves in order to close the door. In an earlier review someone said the pool was big. Actually, it was a smaller pool, but would be nice if you have small children with you. The whirlpool was larger than normal and very comfortable. Continental breakfast was o.k. There were waffles, scrambled eggs, bagels, bread, yogurt, cereal, a variety of packaged sweets, and other foods you find at most breakfasts. There was the normal coffee, juice, and milk. It was a satisfying way to begin the day. We ate at the hotel restaurant in the evening, ordering 3 appetizers (waffle fries (o.k.), mini corn dogs (didn't care for), and deep friend green beans (great)). I liked the location being a short drive from everywhere we decided to go. I would like to go back in the late spring or early fall so I could walk the mile to the lake, while enjoying the weather.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank InnyJ
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I never look forward to staying in an Econo Lodge, but this place is nice! Very hands on owner who also owns a motel in Manitowoc and is clearly trying to upgrade the place. Our key did not function when we checked in and the desk man could not make it work either. The owner was summoned and when he arrived, it worked perfectly. Don't know what was up with it, but they made sure it worked.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Everyone associated with the hotel was very friendly. Did not get a chance to use the large indoor pool and spa but checked it out. Seemed really nice in a steamy sort of way! Would be a terrific spot in the winter.

The location is the best thing this motel has going for it. Downtown, right across from the Kohler Center for the Arts as well as the redeveloped downtown area. Lots of little shops, bars, restaurants, etc. and within walking distance of the riverfront marina area.

There is a restaurant/pizza place inside the hotel but I did not get a chance to try it. The hotel provides a standard hotel breakfast buffet in the restaurant in the mornings. Nothing special but the attendant was so friendly and interested in everything we had going on!

Given a bit more time and money, the owner will make this into a very nice budget type hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business