“$2 extra plate; Unfriendly service”

Arabella's Family Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 164 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: American
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“$2 extra plate; Unfriendly service”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The wait staff seemed very rushed even though there weren't very many customers to serve at the time. Most of the employees were also very unfriendly including our server. No smiling and no small talk. We ordered breakfast for our family. The food itself was very good, but unlike other reviewers, I did not think the portions were very big.

We ordered a full meal for my husband and son, but I decided to share one with my three year old since she wanted an adult meal which I knew she wouldn't finish. I also ordered two eggs with some cheese for myself because i didn't think it would be quite enough food. I asked for an extra plate, which they brought. The problem is, when they brought the bill they charged us $2 for the extra plate! My husband and I were shocked and not at all happy about that.

Now, it's not really the $2 that bothers me. It's the fact that it's very poor customer service. We were not told there would be any charge for an empty plate and because if this they have likely lost our business for good, all for $2. I hope that the managers of this restaurant occasionally view these reviews because I hope they change some of these practices. We recently moved to town and often take our kids out to eat at family diners like this one on weekends.

Very poor customer service!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Diane1281

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lots of food for the price. Good diner-type food. Fast service. Some servers not very friendly, but they are efficient. Very busy Sunday mornings.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank JulesWisconsin
Clearwater, Florida
“Good Service”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Good service. Casual atmosphere. Decent food. Walking distance from the Blue Harbor Resort. We were there for breakfast.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jason A
Berlin, WI
“Great clean family restaurant”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stopped in for breakfast. Alaskan waffle, apple cinnamon topping on waffle...all good. You can ask for your toppings to be heated which I prefer instead of cold out of the fridge on top a warm waffle. They are happy to do that for you! I'll be back!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank janet1950
Slinger, Wisconsin
“good food”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

it is your typical local diner. Food was good, nothing to get all excited about. I had steak and eggs and I was very happy with what I got for what I paid.

Visited March 2013