“Sleep Inn Comfort”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I had to stay a night in the area while traveling for business. I called around on the way up and found that this property had the best rate while providing parking space for my pickup and trailer. It's a bit outside of town and sits at the interchange with a small truck stop, so there's not much for food or anything within walking distance. Check in went very smoothly and the young lady working the desk was very friendly and quite helpful. She provided some menus for restaurants that would deliver to the motel and even came up to make sure I could get into my room after there was an issue with the key cards. The room was very clean and comfortable. I was getting a strong wifi signal in my room, but wasn't able to log into the internet until I walked my laptop down to the lobby. They may be having router problems. Breakfast amounted to some sausage links, waffles, fruit cereals, and pastries. Overall it was a comfortable night's stay and I would stay at this property again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The price here was $51 with AAA. The parking lot is very small and not suitable for large vehicles. The check in went fast and the front desk was friendly. The room was very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a great value for the money. I'd gladly stay here again if I were in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here overnight for a convention. Was really pleased how nice it was for the price. Swimming pool area had small water slides for guests with children. Breakfast included make your own waffles and hot sausage links. Would definitely recommend staying here. Car is needed as hotel is south of town on the freeway. Walls were a little thin, could hear the neighbors.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Along the interstate just south of Sheboygan. Not an expensive hotel, but you get what you pay for. Rooms are large, beds comfortable, but the bath towels are so small and thin it is like drying off with a paper towel, and not a Bounty towel. Shame such a easily correctable item would cause this to be the thing that stands out about the visit most. They have a continental breakfast available, which I took advantage of the first day, but on subsequent days, I went to the diner next door.

That being said, I would consider staying again were I to be in the area.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side, opposite the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stay away from this place. I was charged $38 on my credit card from Sleep Inn three days after my stay. When I called to inquire I was told there was a housekeeping note on my account for missing or damaged towels. I was told they would look into it and find out from housekeeping what it was they discovered and get back to me. I heard nothing for 3 weeks so called back and left message with manager. I still have heard nothing. What a scam. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. They need to be put out of business for the way they handle hospitality and guest services. I just paid $38 for this review.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Although the staff was courteous and the rooms are large, this hotel needs some updating. Our room had a chair and ottoman that were filthy, and our towels were extremely thin and frayed at the edges. Considering the rates are over $100 a night, this hotel is not up to the standards of other Sleep Inns we have stayed at. Spend a few more dollars and look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights during Brat Days as part of an overall family vacation. We picked it in part because of it being a Choice Hotel brand and the pictures made the pool area look great (a draw for the kids). It is about 10 minutes south of Sheboygan which wasn't that bad but it got a little tiring to go back and forth. It was kind of pricey and while I didn't expect a lot out of breakfast, breakfast was lacking as well. I had always considered the Sleep Inns to be on the lower end of the scale for Choice Hotels and this did nothing to change my mind about that. But it was clean and worked for what we needed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family