“Comfortable stay with a not-so-comfortable ending”
other travellers have booked this property
Street View Lake side deck and Patio
Street View
Lake side deck and Patio
Lake Michigan View from Dining and Kitchen
Living Room with Wood Stove/ Glass Doors
Master Bdrm w/king bed and private balcony on the lake.
Guest Bdrm with queen bed and skylight.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
ilubliner
Ashland, Oregon
“Comfortable stay with a not-so-comfortable ending”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

This is a comfortable house with wonderful views of the lake and many amenities, but it is important to note that there is no bathroom upstairs where the two bedrooms are. To get to a bathroom from either bedroom, one must go down the stairs and walk through the living room. We were a group of four people and one of us was sleeping on the foldout bed in the living room. Any trips to the bathroom for the three of us sleeping upstairs were likely to wake up the person in the living room.

The property owner, Mark, was very quick to respond to inquiries, and he was flexible with regard to allowing us to drop our luggage off early, before the stated check-in time. So, most of our interactions were quite positive. However, things did get awkward around the time of our departure, as I'll explain.

My wife and I had some last-minute errands to run in the hour prior to our departure, and we left my two adult stepdaughters in the house while we did those errands. Not seeing a car in the driveway, and thinking we had left, Mark entered the house, catching my stepdaughters by surprise. It was 10:15 and check-out time was not until 11:00. Rather than apologizing for the intrusion, Mark was, according to one of my stepdaughters, rather gruff, and he mentioned that he had been quite clear with me that we were supposed to be out by 11. Yes, he had been clear about that, but there was no reason to act as if we were overstaying our welcome, given that 11:00 was still 45 minutes away. When my wife and I returned, we packed the car, and I handed the keys over to Mark. I mentioned to him how awkward it was to have him enter before we were expected to leave (he also created a lot of noise with the power mower), and he did not seem to take any responsibility for that awkwardness. Instead, he simply stated that he had been renting the house for nine years and that he had never had any such problem. Whenever he saw the driveway empty, he always assumed that the party had checked out. That indicator might have correctly informed him in the past, but not in this situation. An apology for entering without knocking or ringing the doorbell would have been appreciated, but Mark didn't seem to feel it was warranted. It was an enjoyable three-night stay, but it ended on this slightly sour note.

Management Response
30 Sep 2016
Our property description on TripAdvisor articulates that the bedrooms are on the second floor and the full bath is on the first floor. The guest had ample time to review our property description as they booked in April for a September stay.  In the nine years that I personally attend each check-out I have been invited into our Lake Shore House by happy guests, enjoy a conversation, cup of coffee, engage me to do gardening chores while they prepare to depart or make plans for another visit. We feel that our other twelve reviews on TripAdvisor, twenty four five star reviews on Vacation Rental By Owner speak well about our professionalism and attention to detail. Additionally, we have numerous guests who return for multiple visits through our nine years hosting guests.
mbvandyke
“Great accommodations for people & pets.”
Reviewed 24 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The LSH is a lovely property in a great location. Our pets enjoyed the dog beach. We went kayaking, biking & hiking during our stay at a variety of locations in the area.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Ddrw
“Unbelievable Lake View”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed at the Lakeshore house for two nights. The east view over Lake Michigan is awesome! We found everything we needed in the house. The neighborhood seems very clean and friendly as well. Nice stay!

RavenousG...
Portland, Oregon
“Father & Son Annual Packer Game”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This house is located right on Lake Michigan and it was extremely clean and in a quiet neighborhood with plenty of options for shopping and dining nearby. My son and I plan a trip once a year to enjoy a Green Bay Packer game. Hopefully it will be available next year!The house is conveniently located between Green Bay and Milwaukee where we flew into.
The nearby park has a beach and playground for kids of all ages. The nearby waterpark was enjoyed by my 11 year old, who spent hours boogey-boarding on the new wave runner.
The view from the top master bedroom porch or the exterior patio is so relaxing. The sunrise on a clear day is amazing! The backyard does have a bit of a drop towards the lake so I caution leaving small children unattended.
Mark Nash, the property manager is extremely professional and was available to us and left all in order so we had nothing to worry about. Just have Fun!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Almost everything
Liked least: The stairs because I have bad knees
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lake view and the fireplace on a cold winter'snight.
Liked least: Lock box was difficult to operate and recommend WIFI.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lisabethf...
“A most spectacular view!”
Reviewed 16 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Lakeshore House is located in a nice neighborhood with beautiful lake views. We were treated to a fireworks display down the beach and enjoyed grilling out brats from the local meat market. Thank you Mark. My family enjoyed the visit and we will definitely be back for another.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
598Jan
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“This place is fabulous!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Everything was perfect. The view is amazing, especially sunrises on the lake, with a short walk to the beach. The house is charming, artistic, comfortable and well-equipped. I can't wait to go back.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing