“Just like the old days!”
Review of South Pier Parlor

South Pier Parlor
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Sheboygan
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'm not that old but I can remember going to the Buffalo ice cream parlor on Irving Park rd in Chicago with my grandfather. This "new" place on the river in Sheboygan took me back in time. You'll find a full soda-fountain vibe going on here. Lots of wood, a running toy train and bar stools where you could sip a phosphate or dig deep into a sundae. Nearly 3 dozen flavors will tempt your palette but the Zanzibar Chocolate was my favorite. In three days, my family and I went 3 times despot outside temps in the 50s in June! Great service cinched the deal for me on this place. Ice cream shops often seem to have one poor teenager trying to serve about 30 patrons all of whom want to sample this, add some of this to that, or are paying with pennies. No less than 3 gals were on hand for any of our visits so the line moved steadily and efficiently.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Zanzibar chocolate...need I say more? All of the ice cream was delicious and sweetly presented in nice glass dishes. A very classy yet fun place to get your ice cream fix. Trains making the rounds overhead keep little ones entertained!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have been here several times when visiting Blue Harbor resort. The kids (and my wife and I) always look forward to South Pier parlor after a round of mini golf. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

It's a nice looking place and service was excellent but the ice cream isn't special. The business will do fine because of it's location on the waterfront and across from the waterpark. The cost was reasonable. I just wish the ice cream would be great.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

A lot of variety with ice cream flavor. I like the pistachio nut. They are open late. They have both the indoor and outdoor seating.