“charming”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“charming”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I thought the ice cream was better than average. Very charming inside. My son is just turning and 3 and loved to sit at the counter and watch the train go around. The only down side is it is basically run by young girls and we were ignored for a long time at the counter. I finally had to ask if I had to go to the register to be waited on and the girl was like "oh, no I can help you." I also saw who I assume is the owner and his wife and son come in to deliver milk. They didn't seem very friendly and just overall seemed annoyed. They may have been in a hurry and/or having a bad day, but if it were my business where charm is the key factor I'd be coming in with a smile and be charming to my customers. I wasn't shocked by the pricing. You are at a vacation spot. I don't think it is any more or less expensive than other ice cream places.

• Visited July 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The fountain was down. Couldn't get a phosphate. Apparently it was down for a while. The ice-cream was average. It benefits from being the only ice cream place around and being near the hotel.

Visited July 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Perfect treat while walking around”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We live out of state but this is one of our "go to" places in Sheboygan. It's adorable and delicious. Grandpa and Grandma love it and so do our kids. Fun memories are made here at a real ice cream parlor.

Zion, Illinois
“Delightful Surprise on the Pier”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Vacationed at Blue Harbor Resort several times over the years, first time this year we encountered this cute little place right at the entrance to the resort on the pier. During the 3rd and 4th of July festivities, the lines were actually out the door and on the sidewalk. We waited until after our dinner on the 5th of July to venture in and got a warm fuzzy feeling right away with the decor and the customer service. They have my favorite flavor of ice cream, Cappuccino as well has my husband's Butter Pecan. We ordered two scoops of each and sat at one of the ice cream parlor table and chairs near the front door. Delicious treat. There is a larger wooden train that circles the inside near the ceiling that I thought added to the ambiance to the restaurant. Would definitely visit again when we are in the area. Great treat for kids!

• Visited July 2014
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Service is pretty good, ice cream overpriced”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I understand since it's on the riverfront, the prices are higher. But the ice cream isn't even that great! There is a lot of flavors and choices to choose from, which is nice. The view and atmosphere is really beautiful though. And I can't say I've ever had bad service.

• Visited August 2013