“Great Pub”

Whistling Straits Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 169 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy a scenic view of Lake Michigan in this rustic Irish Farmhouse setting. Whistling Straits serves a mixture of innovative and classic cuisine with Irish & British influences.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a wonderful meal at Whistling Straits! Enjoyed a great lunch after s soggy round of golf. Service was excellent, view was great, and food was good. Even though it was July, it was cool. They have a beautiful fireplace the really warmed the room. Great place to visit even if you're not playing golf!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We first went here for lunch after I walked 18holes with my husband in the wind and heavy mist ( one of the best experiences ive had with my husband ;) ♥ Lunch was so good ... he had the fish and chips and I had the slider with homemade chips. Food was well seasoned and well cooked. Plus the service was fast and friendly and didnt make me feel out of place with my wet wind blown hat hair and damp clothes :) yes a bit pricey for lunch but it was worth it :) lunch gets a perfect 10 :)
The next night we went back to the restaurant for dinner after we made last minute reservations ( they were very accomadating) Attire was dressier casual ( suit and tie not required) slacks and golf shirt for my
husband ... capris and dressy top for me. Restaurant has great warm wood tones and casual elegance very romantic. We started out with the potato leek soup .... so creamy and yummy:) Then I ordered the pork chop and my husband ordered the beef tenderloin. We were allowed to substitute our sides out too. The pork chop was tender and moist and potatoes were very good but the carrots were very bland. My husbands was about the same... beef tender but came out a tad more rare than he was used to, his potatoes were very good but again his green beans were very bland. We ordered dessert and split the Banofee which was was like a mini banana trifle ... light sweet and scrumptious :) Service was a little slow but our server was also waiting on a table of 12 having a family get together, but she was very apologetic and got our dessert out to us first. Our night out here took about 2 1/2 hours again I think due to the large table but we didnt mind because it was a nice date night for us. Restaurant ambiance gets a perfect 10, the service a 9.5, and the food an 8.... just a bit pricey for the overall taste of the meal.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The drinks and leek soup were all good but the steaks were just OK. Cost is expensive. Service is attentive. Atmosphere was fine. Nothing really special here though.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

An excellent selection of breakfast items on their buffett and a varied selection on the menu for lunch. Daily change of soup on the lunch menu which is excellent. The service is in keeping with the rest of the Kohler location, excellent.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We just wanted to see the course and have something to eat at The Pub. The course is absolutely gorgeous! It reminded me of Tralee in Ireland. It's worth a trip out to see it. If I went again I would only have a drink in the Pub. The food was bad! What a surprise! Everything was over cooked except my friends vegetables which weren't cooked at all!!! She had asked for a gluten free menu. Evidently they had just changed from the lunch menu to dinner. The waitress had given her a lunch menu and came back and changed it to dinner. The prices were very high so she decided to get a slider with no bun and vegetables. The slider was cold and hard cooked. And I think they opened a bag of veggies and just threw them on the plate.
The only thing they did well was my cosmopolitan was delicious!

2  Thank SJS6500