“Wonderful restaurant near Blue Harbor”

Harry's Prohibition Bistro
Ranked #10 of 172 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Bistro and Wine Bar. A Certified member of VPN Americas, Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Never knew this place existed and thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Great service, nice view of the river from the outdoor deck, delicious food and reasonable prices. Tasty antipasta platter, wonderful brick oven pizza, tasty pasta (got to try the portabella truffle pasta), and nice beer and wine list. Good martinis too. Still trying to figure out the "Prohibition-themed" design (including waitstaff attire) as it related to mostly Italian fare, but it seems to work. Surprised that one reviewer said drinks were a little expensive. Since when is $4.50 for a beer and $7 for a glass of wine "expensive" in a restaurant?

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Would have liked to write a review about how the food was at this establishment but ended up leaving after poor treatment from the host. I can only assume why we were treated with such disrespect but it all began as we entered the restaurant and given a look of disgust, for having a 5 year old in tow; for being a young looking couple (37 & 38) don’t know. We certainly were not dressed inappropriately (jeans and button down) as patrons who exited as we entered were dressed very casually (shorts and t-shirts). After greeting us the host proceeded to have a lengthy conversation with an older couple also waiting to be seated which is fine but when they offered to the host to seat us first the host response was “that’s okay, you were here first, besides they don’t mind waiting. They are young.” He went further to offer us a seat outside despite a temperature in the mid fifties. We were not welcome and the host did an excellent job letting us know. Needless to say I do not recommend this restaurant. If you’re in Sheboygan and looking for some good pizza Il Ritrovo offers better food in a classier setting (no mannequins dressed up in prohibition era clothing) and is family friendly.

2  Thank SheboyganResident
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We ordered 2 pizzas for 2 adults and a teen, perfect amount of food. Pizza was delicious! We enjoyed sitting in the outdoor porch, which was heated. Nice view of the river. Service was friendly and efficient. Tiramisu was delicious! We will be back.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Everything about this place was awesome, pizza, location, atmosphere and staff. The salad with blue cheese dressing was delicious and my favorite pizza that we ordered was the hot sopressata. I would have to say this was one of my all time favorite Neapolitan type pizzas that I ever had. It reminded me of the ones that I ate while traveling in Europe. I loved the outfits that the staff wore and the location had a good view too. I am not going to lie, I kind of loved how they decorated their bathrooms too! I would highly recommend stopping in here and grabbing some pizza.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Food was ok, but not outstandiing. They seated a large group up against a wall meaning that coming and going from the table was difficult. The dining room was pretty much empty so there was no reason to put us in a corner like that.