“We will be Back!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Wisconsin
“We will be Back!!!!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed two nights in a standard room, with our Daughter, Son In Law and two children. The room was well kept, and everything felt clean and new. For there being six of us a room, it did not feel too crowded. We had a microwave, small refridgerator, and coffee maker. We used the waterpark and I we all loved it. Even at it's crowdest, we never had to wait very long for a trip down the slides. Chidlren of any age would enjoy themselves. The lifeguards were friendly and were very on top of their jobs. Everything in the pool area, and locker rooms were very clean and well maintained. One evening for dinner, we all did the buffet, and the waitstaff was so good...quickly brought us our drinks, and were right there for anything we needed with a smile. I felt for the price, the value was very good. My husband and I also had a drink in the bar one night and there again the staff was so friendly. Check in and out was quick and easy, no problems there. We are SO happy with the resort, that we all decided we must go back in the summer to enjoy the pool and beach outside. As we were leaving one of the housekeeps let us peek inside to see both an aquarium room, and boathouse room. She was so friendly and kind. I wish I had gotten her name. If you are reading this Blue Harbor, give the woman with a long pony tail in her 50's a rasie!!!!! She cleaned rom 322 on 1/27!!!!!! I hope if you are considering this resort, you give it a try....we will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: For a winter trip any room would be good. For summer, I'm thinking lake view is a must!!!
2 Thank BrAnJaEl
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
We very much appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff! I know the room attendant you are referring to and I agree she is awesome! Comments like yours go a long way in helping us reinforce that great service is recognized. I will also pass on your comments to our food and beverage team! Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Visited in the Winter... Quiet and less chaotic than in the Summer I'm sure. But interested in returning in the warm weather months to take advantage of the lakefront. Beautiful facility and friendly staff. Would definitley like to return !

Room Tip: Try and get a Lakefront room if you like a view
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your great comments! Please let me know if you have any difficulty getting a lakeview room when you come back this summer. I will see if we can juggle availability if necessary. We appreciate your business!
New Holstein, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed in two of the four bedroom villas for New Years. The villas are spacious and set up well for families. Parking was challenging, as there was high occupancy, and the snow piles took away some of the parking spaces. We were disappointed in the linens in the Master Suite. There was no mattress pad on the bed, and the flat sheet for the bottom sheet did not stay in place. Not the quality you expect at a resort.

We had the same issue with the flat screen television in the main living area that others have mentioned. It did not receive the network channels. When we called Guest Services, they were aware of it, and their only suggestion was to come to the hotel and watch the game in the bar area; unacceptable answer. It also meant we had none of the NYE festivities on TV. The fact that they were aware of it, yet did not even mention it when reserving rooms and checking in is disappointing.

The water park was enjoyable, though enforcement of the rules was inconsistent. Our family had an enjoyable stay, but for the price, we expected better.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KBB51
We apologize for the situation with the linens and televisions in the villas. The villa owners have approved replacement of all linens and televisions along with new sofas. The latter will be complete by Memorial Day. The first two should be complete before the end of March. I am disappointed in how we handled your television problem and apologize for that. I hope you give us another opportunity to host your family. Thank you very much.
Freedom, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2013

First I would like to say that the front desk staff, maid staff, and maintenance staff has the worst customer service EVER!!! We could not get the local channels on in our room and my husband walked down to the front desk to get help; 1st off he was ignored while the lady played on her cell phone for over 5 minutes, then she promised maintenance would come fix it. Guess what... NO maintenance ever came to fix it and we almost missed the Green Bay Packer Playoff game, luckily after much monkeying around we got it to work!

Next... I called down after our first night of sleeping asking them to please replenish our towels and change all the sheets as we had some kids and adults that were just getting over being sick and we didn't want to take a chance, then I asked them to tidy up. The front desk lady was kind enough to ask if I cared when they did it or if we were in the room and I said it did not matter. Well to our surprise, they made the beds, but did not change the sheets, they did refill the towels, but did not clean ANYTHING, not even vacuum!

Also, we stayed in the Presidential Suite and payed $1500 per night and stayed 2 nights... now you would at least hope that things would nice and to standard... the fridge was broken; 1 drawer was missing, 1 drawer could not open and as you did it was broken so nothing could go inside. I mean really, for a few hundred dollars you could have replaced the fridge!

It also said it had a wet bar with seating for 4 which when we booked the room we counted on as we had 12 people and only had seating for 10 (slight problem since the online description says seating for 12).

WONDERFUL PART - the staff in the waterpark are BEYOND FABULOUS.... the are happy, kind, and very nice and helpful. They even helped me carry my tube up the stairs a few times (I have severe medical issues and were so accommodating). We had 6 children and they did some crafts and the staff was superb to our children. One of our kids didn't have time to finish coloring his shirt so the staff member let him take some markers and we promised to return them the next day!

HONESTLY we would love to return, but the hotel staff need to step it up BIG TIME and get to be more like the water park staff!!!!

VERY Disappointing. .... We spent $3000 on 2 nights and the service just was NOT THERE!!!!!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is large and wonderful for an extended family to be together but do not belie...
4 Thank Dana M
I believe we have already spoken and made an adjustment in your bill regarding your issues. We would appreciate you giving us another chance to prove that all of our staff is indeed as good as our waterpark group. I would like to personally handle your next reservation and can be reached at info@blueharborresort.com. Thank you.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This is the first time I've ever written a review. I'm here for a two day conference with my company and the service the staff has provided has been wonderful. It was hard for me to imagine a business retreat at a family water park but all I can say is it works.

The attention to detail is noticeable. The decor in the rooms and throughout the property has a classy nautical look that's hard to achieve. The view is unmatched. Hard to believe you're in Wisconsin. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Your review reflects exactly what we tried to accomplish when we planned the renovation and re-positioning of the resort! Thank you for noticing! The design of the building with the conference center on one side and the water park on the other allows us to separate guests that are here for different needs. We look forward to seeing you again!
Chicago
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a four bedroom villa with three other families. We celebrated New Years Eve there. The resort had a lot of family activities for NYE. With small children, we stuck to the water park. The water park is clean and perfect for my family! My four year old could ride on all the slides! There is a kids club where my daughter got glittery tattoos. Overall, the villa had a good amount of space for our four families. They provided all of the necessary kitchen utensils for our New Years meal. My biggest complaint is the TV in the main room. It did not have all of the listed channels- no ABC which kept is from watching any NYE programming or bowl games. Bummer! We want to come back in the summer to enjoy the lakefront!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I apologize for the television. The villa owners approved replacing all the televisions in the villas including upgrading the bedroom sets. We're glad you enjoyed NY Eve with us!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by the overall value of this resort. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms. A lot of fun for the kids. One of the nicest waterparks I have been to. However, the waterpark is for smaller kids. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your very gracious comments. We use our Trip Advisor reviews to demonstrate to our staff that service does definitely make a difference! Comments like yours go a long way in helping us demonstrate our philosophy! Thank you so much and please come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#5 of 11 in Sheboygan
Victorian Village Resort
Victorian Village Resort
#2 of 2 in Elkhart Lake

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!