“Blue Harbor does NOT care about its guests”
Review of Blue Harbor Resort

Blue Harbor Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Reviewed 22 April 2013

It has become obvious that the Blue Harbor does NOT care about its guests. They only care about the bottom dollar and that alone. We stayed at the resort in mid April in one of the villas. After making the reservation my wife was informed she can get a discount though her work. When checking in I told the front desk employee about the discount and they tried to use it but the computer wouldn’t take it at this time. The employee said she would check with her supervisor and to ask about it again during checkout. At checkout I talked to the same employee and she informed me that due to the occupancy of the hotel they would not be able to honor the discount. I told her I didn’t understand due to the paperwork I had with the discount didn’t say anything about a restriction with the occupancy of the hotel. When I returned home I sent an email to the resort explaining I didn’t understand this policy and was very disappointed in this policy. It says on the web page emails are returned in 24 hours. I’m still waiting for a response. That just shows me they don’t care. I would never recommend Blue Harbor to anyone.

6  Thank JAB_HEULE
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

I am terribly sorry your information request email was not responded to. I don't know what happened with our system. I am happy to honor any discount promised. Please email us again at the info@blueharborresort.com address and I will promptly respond. We would also like to invite you back for a stay on us to prove that your experience was out of the norm.
Thank you.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Reserved a city view fireplace room and requested to be close to the water park. I had called the hotel direct to book and was told that my request had more of a chance of being honored booking direct than online. Upon arrival all rooms were sold out in that wing. I expressed that I was disappointed seeing we had 3 children with us. The desk clerk upgraded our room to a lake view in the water park wing of hotel. Great start to the stay. Room and view were great. Water park is smaller than parks at Wisconsin Dells, but much more convenient. Our 10, 9 and 1 year old loved the water park. I felt there was more to do at the resort being right on the lake. We walked to the beach and kids built sand castles even though it was cold out. They really enjoyed being close to the lake and beach. Would be even better in warmer weather. We plan to come back.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on the main floor, which is floor 2. Views are better on 2 - 4. Floor 1 would be...
2  Thank newlittletraveler

I am so glad we were able to upgrade your room and get you in the section of the resort you wanted. Thank you also for the nice comments. It looks like the weather is warmer! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We thought our stay would have been a higher quality experience given the high price and high-class hype. The room was definitely showing wear and tear...carpet visibly worn in high traffic areas, holes in the sofa, wallpaper peeling in the bathroom. But, the bed was comfy and the kids loved the bunk beds and having their own TV to watch. The food for the confernce I attended was not good...pastries for breakfast were not fresh and worse than pre-packaged gas station pastries, pizza for dinner one night was dry and crust was hard and our lunch did not taste or look as good as the wonderful description on the menu. My husband took the kids to the waterpark and reported that it was a nice waterpark, but smaller than others we have been to and pretty crowded at times. But, the kids had a lot of fun. I have to say that the hotel was quiet and not too loud, the staff was very pleasant and friendly. We would have liked it if housekeeping would have replenished our coffee for the second morning and vaccuumed the carpet as it was dusty in some spots. Absolutely loved that the room had a small refrigerator and microwave.

2  Thank AnnetteB975

I am very interested to know what group you were here with. We normally get raves about our food in our conference center. I agree some of our room carpets are worn and we are in the process of replacing all of them. Presently we have 40 more rooms to go and we hope to be finished by Memorial Day weekend. Could you please email me at info@blueharborresort.com so I can research the food issues?

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Only an hour north of Milwaukee this is a favorite for our kids under five years old. The waterpark is perfect from infant to about 10. After that the waterpark gets a little old quickly, not enough of the big scary water slides, waves, etc., but we really do like for the younger set, its clean, well run, the rooms are remodeled recently. We just completed a grownup night away from the kids and had a lake view (nice crashing surf), a fireplace and whirlpool tub. Romantic. I recommend being as close to the lobby area for this kind of stay as we were in the far east wing and over some air vents for the conference rooms that made a whiny noise tell after about 10p, could still the hear the surf but would be better closer to center of hotel. I love the boardwalk and walk out along the pier/breakwater. Good value.

Room Tip: for waterpark with kids stay low and west, for couples alone, stay center and higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Wow, I am impressed with the review you wrote. You captured exactly what we tried to do with our renovation- create separate areas appropriate for adults and families with small children! Thank you so much for your comments. We share these with our staff.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We decided to go on a getaway in the middle of Winter from Chicago and we found the Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan, WI We booked our room online which was very spacious with 2 beds, a small dinette area with Fridge, and a partition with TV and sitting area on the far side of the room next to the walkout balcony with views of Lake Michigan. There was more than enough space for the 2 of us and we could have had another couple with us in the room or children and fit them into the space very easily. The indoor waterpark is on the lower level just a short walk from the room - they ask you not to walk through the lobby with dripping clothes/towel which makes sense. The indoor waterpark has 2 big slides on one side, a lazy river, large pool area with activities and games (basketball, monkey bars, etc), additional tubing slides and a full cafe. On the other end of the entrance, there is a large hot tub and it is very comfortable but at times crowded. It was -10 degrees the weekend we visited so it was great to be inside in the heated water park and resort areas. While we were there we got a couples massage, although a bit pricey at around $200 but well worth it. The spa is incredible and the massage therapists are very friendly and experienced. We will be back and enjoyed our time while at the resort.

Room Tip: 2 Bed Suite with Balcony View - Great choice with Plenty of room for more than 2 (you could fit 4 ea...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff- especially our spa staff. The do a great job. I hope you have time to visit again soon. Winter finally seems to be over!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We recently took our 3 children to Blue Harbor for a quick winter getaway. The waterpark is very nice, all of our kids had a great time and this is saying alot since they range in age from 4 to 12. It wasn't too busy and it was very easy to keep an eye on all of them. We stayed in a Kids Aquarium room which was cute. The only complaint I would have is there was obviously something spilled all over one of the walls from the top bunk and it was stained all down the wall, it looked like something that could have easily been wiped off. Also when we pulled out the sofa bed there was someones dirty sock, which was pretty gross. So I give the waterpark a thumbs up and the room well, while it was cute, it definately could have been cleaner.

1  Thank Kirstin H

I am glad you had a good time but I am embarrassed about the housekeeping comment. Since these reviews are anonymous, I can't determine which room you were in to provide feedback and training to the room attendent. Could you please email me at info@blueharborresort.com so I can do so? We are also implementing a new incentive program for housekeeping and it would be helpful for keeping accurate scores. I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We just returned from Blue Harbor Resort with our 8 year old and 5 year old. We had a great weekend and the staff could not have been more helpful and nicer. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. We will definitely return for another vacation weekend. It was a great location in April and I can only imagine it is even better in the warmer months. We found everything family friendly. We even sat in the bar (with the kids) for dinner so we could watch the Final Four.

1  Thank Aaron M

Thank you for your nice comments. It really helps us to reinforce to the staff that people do notice their efforts. Please let us know when you are back so we can say thank you personally!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
Harbor Winds
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#4 of 11 in Sheboygan
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!