“Once again a great time.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Harbor Resort

Blue Harbor Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sheboygan
Wisconsin
“Once again a great time.......”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have stayed at the Blue Harbor twice during the winter months to mostly utilize the indoor waterpark with our Grandchildren, and this hotel did not disappoint in that area. We said at both those times how much we wanted to come back and experience it in the summer, so we booked along weekend over the 4th, and we were beyond impressed with our stay. When I say everyone, I DO mean every employee we encountered over the 4 days, was so pleasant and helpful, and always eager to answer questions, and to just say hello, or ask if we needed anything. The grounds were immaculate, as was the room. We had to call for additional towels and they were delivered with a smile immediately. The Beach is fantastic, the pool quite nice, and the service around the pool was fantastic. Over the 4th there are rides available in the parking lot, and the fireworks are shot off right there on the pier. How wonderful it was to just walk back to our room after....NO traffic jams!!!!! WE were up early the next morning for a walk, and the grounds had already been cleared from the night before. Already looking at going back for the 4th next year. Keep up the good work!!!!!

Room Tip: If there in the summer, pay a little extra for a Lakeview room.......worth the money for sure.
2 Thank BrAnJaEl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were blown away by our weekend at Blue Harbor. We visited over the holiday weekend with our two little kids. They had an amazing time at the waterpark, the grounds, and the neighborhood. We had minimal expectations coming in, but we will certainly be back. I don't understand the complaints about the service...every single person went out of their way to be friendly. The lifeguards in the pool area were impressive. My 3 year old swallowed water coming down the waterslide...I was five feet away and the lifeguard got to her before I did.

Also the hotel was completely sold out and the waterpark never felt overly crowded, which surprised me. While the hotel isn't a luxury resort, it was an amazing stay especially given the price.

We will certainly be back!

1 Thank DukeFlyer01
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Truly a hidden gem of Wisconsin to the fact that I hate to write this good review but I think the place deserves it.
We have been here now a couple of times and we love it every time.
Lovely location with a nice view. Ample parking and everything was very clean.
Nice awesome indoor waterpark that can easily compete with other major ones, it is very clean safe, not the usual strong chlorine smell you usually get. Water temperature was perfect even for my small kids. The rides and slide were all very well kept no surprise sharp edges anywhere.
You can actually enjoy the waterpark since its not jammed with people.
Nice view with good beach to walk and enjoy the atmosphere.

Room Tip: Lake side view is awesome.
2 Thank Paul S
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel sits on the bank of Lake of Michigan with a gorgeous view. The hotel itself is beautifully designed. The hotel has its own indoor water park and there many different room types. It is definitely a great place for a family to have a summer vacation and enjoy many activities around. I came to the hotel for a conference in September so it was off season. The room I stayed in was a big room with a loft, it can accommodate a big family up to 8 people. The staff was very nice. They even showed me other rooms with unique interior design. It was a quick one night stay for me, but it was comfortable and I had a good sleep. I would recommend it if you plan to have a summer vacation with your family.

Room Tip: If you have young kids, book the room with bunk bed. Your kids will love to crawl in it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dawalish
Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just got back from a two night stay at the Blue Harbor Resort in Spa. The good news is that this is a relatively new facility with tremendous visual appeal. The entire hotel sits on the banks of Lake Michigan offering fabulous views. The hotel lobby is a first class experience with a three story entrance way, marble floors, and tasteful decor. The entire hotel is exceptionally well maintained. The grounds are well taken care of and all of the common areas were newer and very well maintained. The rooms are quite nice and it is definitely worth the extra money to upgrade to a lake view room. Our room included two double beds and a small seating area with a pullout couch. The bathroom was relatively small, but again very clean. I had no issues with the amenities.

The outdoor pool overlooks the lake and is also very nice. There is a small bar to get drinks. There is an attached indoor water park that is ideal for children between 2-10 years old. I suspect that older kids might get bored of it after a while, but younger children will love the resort. The water park is also newer and exceptionally clean. They provide free towel service and had very spacious and clean locker rooms. There is also a small cafe on site for lunch right at the water park. Make sure you get there early on busy days to grab one of the many open seats so you can keep an eye on the kids. The resort seems to be busiest on the weekends.

My only real complaint with the hotel was the service. I had a minor issue with my room selection and the front desk just wasn't helpful at all. The person checking me in clearly didn't have a good handle on their computer system. I actually went to the front desk a second time and again really just wasn't impressed with the service. One evening the hotel had advertised a "bonfire on the beach" at 7:30. At the appointed time there was a group of guests standing around waiting for the bonfire and nobody from the hotel arrived. Finally someone went to the front desk to complain and the staff said they would "look into it". Nobody seemed particularly concerned about the 20 guests standing around an empty fire pit with their children. Eventually around 8:20 the hotel got their act together and got someone outside to start a fire and sell us smores for 50 cents! I thought it was a nice touch to charge us 50 cents per Smore for our kids after we waited 50 minutes for anyone to arrive.

We ate in all of the on-site resteraunts and the food and ambiance were both quite good. Again the only drawback was the service, which was spotty at best. As I mentioned the room was very nice, but on our second day I had to call the front desk since nobody had come to clean our room and it was 2pm. Again no apology just a gruff front desk clerk letting me know he would check into it.

Overall this is a beautiful resort and I would go back. I just would avoid eating in the hotel or expecting too much from the staff. The amenities are so nice they pretty much outweigh the minor annoyances of the very weak service. This could be a 5-star resort if they hired a good General Manager and really focused on training their employees. Instead it is a 4-star resort with a great view.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a "lake view" room on one of the higher floors. I think the best thi...
4 Thank S708
BlueHarborManager, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I was dismayed to see your assessment of our property and in particular to see your recommendation that we hire a good General Manager since that is my position. Based on the variety of your travels and your many reviews, you are obviously a seasoned traveler. I would enjoy discussing your stay in more detail. Would you mind emailing me at dsanderson@blueharborresort.com? Thank you.
Plover, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The view from our lake side room was lovely. The room was clean and well designed. The mattresses were firm (actually one of the nicest I've slept on in any hotel). The internet crashed at about 9:30 and never came back up before we checked out. The lights in the sink and refrigerator area did not work.

The grounds were lovely, the pool was very nice. The watermark is the perfect size for kids age 3 months to probably about 12. I don't think it would hold an older kids attention for long. It is very well designed with lots of water experiments built into the park. The air wasn't terrible like other indoor water parks.

We ate at both restaurants and the food was good at both. Latitude was very nice, except the wine, which is apparently from the resort owner's vineyard/winery. It tasted, well, like it was made by an amateur. We were NOT impressed. The Copper River Salmon and scallops we ordered more then made up for the disappointing wine. Fantastic! They didn't apparently offer any other wines. The wait staff was very good.

I would not go to this resort as a couple, it is very much for families. I was impressed by the children however, they were all, without exception, well behaved all over the resort.

Room Tip: Pop for the lakeside. I can see how it might be loud if the kids in rooms around you weren't we...
2 Thank kate2003
Alpine, Utah
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 night. The room rates are high for very average rooms with poor lighting and very basic decor. Had a lake view room which was nice.
Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired.... They never vacuumed our room once in the 3 days we stayed there.
The resort fee is added to room cost even if you don't want to use the over crowded pool and water park area. Since they issue and then require you to wear a wrist band it would be very easy to to make this a pay as you use rather than charge everyone.
The staff was great and welcoming. The food in the Latitude restaurant was very good but a bit pricy as everything is al a carte.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room or don't bother.
1 Thank muchtraveled55
David S, General Manager at Blue Harbor Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I apologize for the housekeeping issue. That should never happen. We do appreciate your good comments about Latitude. Our staff tries hard to offer great food and I will pass on your comments to them. I would like to discuss your comments about the price of the room and that you felt it was average. I can be reached at dsanderson@blueharborresort.com.

Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
La Quinta Inn Sheboygan
#5 of 11 in Sheboygan
Victorian Village Resort
Victorian Village Resort
#2 of 2 in Elkhart Lake

Been to Blue Harbor Resort? Share your experiences!