“Fine Italian dining in Sheboygan.”
Review of Trattoria Stefano

Trattoria Stefano
Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Wisconsin
“Fine Italian dining in Sheboygan.”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This might not be a place I can afford to eat every night, but I will get here at least once a week when I come to town. I have eaten at the Kohler resort's restaurants, but I would pick this place if I had my choice.

Without beverages, my bill was $48 for an appetizer and the signature veal Stefano. I started with cuttlefish in a broth I would assume is white wine, lemon, and olive oil based. The cuttlefish was grilled perfectly and the broth was good enough to make me fill myself up by dunking the nice dense bread into it.

The veal Stefano was also great, but the balance of the sides really made it pop. I started with some delicious creamy and cheesy risotto. It was cooked to a perfect al dente. There was a very spicy green on the side with some acid that really cut through the cheese in the risotto. There were also beets, which I normally don't enjoy, that created a third interesting side and added balance to the dish. The veal itself had a coarse but light crust and the rib chop was appropriately cooked on the bone, adding nice flavor.

While I did not partake, the wine list included many wines I hadn't seen sonic my last trip to Perugia. I would certainly splurge on a reserve bottle or two for a special occasion.

The staff was friendly and attentive in a semi-casual and relaxed atmosphere. I highly recommend this place to anyone who might be traveling on I-43 to Green Bay, Door County, Milwaukee, or Chicago.

Visited November 2013

Columbus, Ohio
“Grandmas Orecchiette is Divine”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stefano came highly recommended and what can I say but WOW. The Orecchiette Della Nonna was the second best pasta dish I’ve ever had, next to Lavagna in NYC. Mind you I travel and dine out about 20 nights per month. The bartender ( red) was a friendly young chap quite versed in his wine. The “tart” really wasn’t what I would consider a tart but had great flavor, have another helping of the pasta for dessert!! I will be back for more

• Visited October 2013
“Great authentic Italian cuisine ”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

A great choice for a great meal. A must-try if you are visiting the Sheboygan area. Very high quality, authentic Italian cuisine.

DC
“As good as everyone says”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had heard a lot about this restaurant. Any time anyone who had been to Sheboygan and found out we were going there on business and to see a Packers game said we had to eat there. Luckily, American Orthodontics, based in Sheboygan and the company we were visiting, took us here for dinner. It was top notch all the way, from the appetizers to the wine to the dinner to the service. Really, really good!

Visited September 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“What Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Wow, we ate really good food at the Trattoria Stefano. We had never been toi Sheboygan to eat and went there for dinner recently. Were we impressed! We had a special plate, not a menu dish. We eaten in thousands of restaurants around the world, but rarely have we eaten better than here. We both simultaneously remarked that we had not had such unusual and great food like this for a long, long time. And the service! Flawless. Sheboygan is very fortunate to have a restaurant as good as Stefano's.

• Visited September 2013