“Just there for dessert--were treated NOT SO SWEETLY”
Review of Trattoria Stefano

Trattoria Stefano
Ranked #4 of 164 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Just there for dessert--were treated NOT SO SWEETLY”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I stopped in over a weekend for a sweet treat and a coffee--we did NOT have reservations. This we knew might be a problem, so we prefaced our request with--we just want dessert, and understand if there isn't room. They could have told us no--it would have been nicer. The host rolled his eyes, called someone else over to "take care of us" and mumbled under his breath as he left. We were told to sit at a small table and left alone--for 10 minutes. We finally asked someone and they ignored us and told the host they "don't know what we want but he should check" so we finally got dessert-it was average. and left. We have NOT been back. It was awful.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Hannah L

Chicago, Illinois
“A charge for a little extra parmigiana cheese?”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Supposed to be one of the best in Sheboygan? Don't think so. Average at best. We bought 2+$125+ wine plus 8 meals and they wanted to charge an extra $5 for some parmigiana cheese, seriously.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Joe H
Saint Petersburg
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

There is no better Italian eatery. Regardless of country or city you will find none better. I always go for dinner.

Visited November 2013
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Genuine Italian Cuisine in a corner of Wisconsin”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My son who is a resident of Sheboygan,WI is infatuated by their food & so am i after he
described to me first time (around 6 years back).Now ,I am at the same level of liking like
him.We visit him at least thrice a year & eat in this restaurant minimum once, every time.
Being there gives a feeling that I am back in Italy .Atmosphere & food are unchanged in all the
years I have been introduced to this place.

• Visited November 2013
Milwaukee
“Excellent Italian fare”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

On a quick trip home from Door County, we decided to stop in Sheboygan for dinner as we'd heard good things about Trattoria Stefano. We were not disappointed! My husband and I shared a generous rustica salad, which had grapes, pears, cheeses, and pine nuts and was quite good. I then had the Rigatoni alla Bergamasca, which had several types of wild mushrooms and Italian sausage in a creamy sauce. It was very rich, but oh so good! My husband enjoyed the Orecchiette della Nona, "grandmother's ragu" over orecchhiette (little ear) pasta. We were with 4 other people who also thoroughly enjoyed their salads and pastas. The pastas were considered "primi piatti" and the meat dishes were under "secondi piatti". Those were fairly expensive, mostly in the $30 plus range. Pastas were more reasonably priced (most around $16) and very generous. The wine we tried was also quite good and fairly reasonably priced at $7/glass. Stefano's is definitely one of the better Italian restaurants in Wisconsin and if we're in the Sheboygan area again, I would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013