“Best Place in Sheboygan.”
Review of Margaux - CLOSED

Margaux
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Best Place in Sheboygan.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Wonderful place for a romantic dinner!! Great calm atmosphere--great for conversation over dinner. The menu changes a lot and is always exciting. Certainly the most creative/enjoyable place to eat in the area.

Visited December 2012

Sheboygan, WI
“The Black Pig, Not Margaux. Outstanding!”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

A friend and I had lunch there. I had an amazing pork butt sandwich with fries and she had a duck flatbread. Great service, reasonable price. Loved it and will go back again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jensings2
Wisconsin
“Is closed, reopening as the Black Pig in Spring 2013”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I thought I'd have more options when I sent the message that it closed. I didn't, so I'm posting here. We have eaten here in the past and truly enjoyed it. However, it's a bit more upscale and expensive than many expect. So the owners are re-configuring it to have more items at a lower cost, yet keeping the quality. They'll be at the same location, same owners etc. I'm looking forward to visiting them. They have a very loyal following and should do very well in their new format. I hope some of the other menu items are still available, but I'll be happy to eat almost anything there.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Frozen_Tundra_Gal
Madison, Wisconsin
“St Valentines Meal”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

The owner of the B&B we were staying at recommended we try Marqaux for our St Valentines Day dinner. We were not disappointed. In fact it exceeded all our expectations. It was so romantic. It was a Thursday night and the chef had a special Valentines sampler menu for us. Four courses of wonderful French cooking. The service was very attentive. It was not cheap. But we couldn't believe how delicious everything was. We were in Sheboygan for two nights and had planned to go to The American Club for dinner the next night. We cancelled those reservations and ate at Margaux again for dinner. It was as good the second time ordering off their regular menu. For French cooking you cannot beat it!

• Visited February 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“French fare in a small town”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Margaux had a wonderful romantic atmosphere. Thursday was tapas night, and so small dishes were priced at a lower rate. The food was delicious, but be aware thet these delicious dishes will eat at your pocketbook. It was one of the more expensive restuaruants in Sheboygan but was definitely worth it.

Visited December 2012