“A Bit of Old Blighty”

Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Price range: US$8 - US$36
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Duke of Devon specializes in GastroPub cuisine, English Pub favorites and some Indian curries. All dishes are crafted with premium ingredients that are organic and locally sourced. The bar has an extensive bourbon section along with hard to find English beers and ciders.
Plymouth, MA USA
“A Bit of Old Blighty”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stopped for lunch on our way to the airport. I had the Mac and Cheese, while my co-worker had Fish and Chips. Both were very good.
Our server, I wish I could remember her name. was fantastic! She was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
My only regret was that we were on our way to fly, so I couldn't sample any of the imported beer or ale. Next time we're stopping here on the way in to Sheboygan.
Give this place a try. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun pub experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Had a late lunch here on a Saturday afternoon with 6 adults. Service was excellent and informative. Fun and interesting menu choices. Drink menu included several variations on the bloody mary - including the bloody Margaret which used horseradish vodka, Tasty and quite spicy. The menu also features a good mix of German and Belgium beers.

Our group ordered burgers and sandwiches, all of which were well received. They were able to accommodate a gluten allergy by substituting a gluten free bun on the hamburger which was
appreciated, but they charge an extra $2 which I thought was harsh.

The environment was fun, as the place is covered in pictures of Brits and all things British, including the banners and flags of all the English football clubs, which satisfied the Tottenham and Chelsea fans in our group.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Quasi123
Conway, Arkansas
“Great for Family, business, or just the guys”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great food, and great service.
They do need to update the menu on the web site as it has changed and there were some items we were looking forward to that they no longer have.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank RTG-travlin
Chicago
“Riverfront Pub Winner”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Came here for dinner on the first night of a trip to nearby Kohler. We had heard good things about the Duke and the ladies at the Kohler Waters Spa confirmed that. So my wife and I headed the 4 miles to Sheboygan and found the Duke to be a terrific dining choice. The restaurant is right on the water and while it was too chilly to sit outside, I'd imagine that's the way to go if weather permits. Inside, you'll certainly feel more like you're' in southeast England than southeast Wisconsin. They've done a nice job of creating the ambiance of an English pub, and the menu mirrors that theme. My wife ordered a "Fallen Apple" drink and a burger, and I had the Churchill crispy chicken. Both entrees were quite good, although my wife said the burger was a little bit too salty. Service was prompt and attentive. Ask for Heidi... she's great. We will definitely come back when it's warm enough to dine outside!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ChiWeather
Kansas City, Missouri
“A Perfect Experience”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I stay one night in Sheboygan. We stopped in for an early dinner. What a wonderful place. Ate outside along the river, great view. Everything we tried was wonderful. A very nice selection of beer. The staff did a wonderful job. A must stop!

• Visited August 2013