“Excellent little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Duke Of Devon

The Duke Of Devon
Ranked #6 of 162 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Illinois
“Excellent little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The saving grace of Sheboygan restaurants! Great food, great service and clean. After a disappointing week of Sheboygan restaurants (and a few belly aches) we stumbled upon this little place and fell in love. We make sure to visit every time we go to Sheboygan.

Visited September 2013

Zion, Illinois
“Great Beer - Food disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at the Blue Harbor for the 4th of July weekend and decided to go someplace with a really different cuisine and this restaurant is just across the river. The husband, adult son and I arrived before the dinner rush and were seated immediately. The place is decorated top to bottom with everything British. Our server, Megan, was positively delightful as she informed us of their specials and answered any questions we had about the menu and what beers they had to offer. I chose Summer Solstice for my beverage; I found it to be a very smooth, creamy beer just perfect for the season. The food was quite different. I make scotch eggs so I wanted to try the ones this pub offered. The sausage was not cooked all the way through, however, the dipping sauce was unique and flavorful. My son had the mac and cheese with bacon, which he said was not to his liking. It has 4 different cheeses and the sharp cheddar was very prominent in this dish. My husband and I thought it was unique. I ordered the fish and chips with a side of mashed peas ( a standard English fare), my son the steak and the husband ordered the rice and curry dish that was special that night. Overall, the food was disappointing. It is not for everyone tastes. I would not think children would find this type of cuisine to be enjoyed unless they are already adventurous. I ordered dessert which was a date and raisin cake square with vanilla ice cream on top and a caramel glaze; nothing special. The whole meal with drinks came to $140, not including the tip; more than I wanted to pay for three people. The upside was the customer service - everyone was very attentive and cheerful and made you feel welcomed. Unfortunately, because of the drab food, we will not be returning for a meal, but will stop in again for beer on the deck outside.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ScottyLover45
“Great Old English Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

It was my first experience having Bangers and Mash. They were excellent. We all enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was great. Short drive or long walk to the other side of the river from Blue Harbor Resort. We had 6 adults and 4 kids and even the kids were enjoying the food. Check it out.

Midland, Georgia
“Great lunch and beer selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The burgers are awesome. Fish sandwich was excellent. Great tartar sauce. Pizza was okay.

Great beer selections.

Great setting. authentic decor. Very nice patio.

New York City, New York
“Great Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stopped by the bar before going on to dinner. Good selection of beers ( though no local drafts) and very good bar food. Had the Poutine which was awesome and the scotch egg, which was expertly fried. Fun bar to hang out in for a couple of hours.

• Visited June 2014