“Definitely Wisconsin”

Majerle's Black River Grill
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are nestled within the evergreen trees, we offer you a fine menu of American Cuisine, complimented with local favorites. If you are not hungry, sit at the bar and choose from our large selection of beer, wine, and liquor.
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were looking for a place for lunch in Sheboygan after dropping our boys off at band camp at Lakeland College on a Sunday. Looking at TA, we found Majerle's and decided to give it a try. So glad we did! The location is what appeared to be a neighborhood of summer cottages although I'm sure people live here all year. It's just off a country road and set into some woods.

The inside is a little dark - think supper club. There is a fireplace in the corner, which I'm sure is lovely in the winter. There are two windows that look out onto a birdhouse and woods. I can only imagine what it looks like in the snow.

We started with the fried cheesecurds. Yum! I ordered the turkey reuben. Honestly it was the best reuben I've had. The sauerkraut tasted like real sauerkraut - not sweet, but tangy. I liked that the 1000 island dressing was served on the side because most places put too much and it overwhelms the sandwich. My only complaint was that I wanted onion rings instead of any of the other options. In order to do so, I had to pay $4.95 for the full appetizer. It seems that they could make onion rings an option.

My husband had the liver and onions. He loved it. Perfectly cooked with it still pink in the center. He started with the "enchilada" soup of the day. Not so good. It was basically a cheese soup with hunks of meat and tomatoes.

They serve wine only by the glass.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

If you're looking for a neighborhood special Wisconsin place, this is it. In the woods, hard to find, spectacular prime rib (on weekends), great beer selection (with huge emphasis in Wisconsin beers), friendly -- but disorganized -- service, delicious appetizers, and no respect whatsoever for your low carb diet, then you'll love this restaurant.

We had a family celebration there and I'd return in a heartbeat. It's just a total feel-good place! Incidentally, we watched a deer family watch us for ten minutes as we were leaving. Apparently, even the wildlife knows that Majerlie's customers are extremely mellow after eating there!

1  Thank Resab
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I've lived in Sheboygan most of my life and can't believe I've never gone here before! I was expecting it to be very busy so my friend and I went early on a Friday night (4:30). We got in and a table right away. Our steaks, sides, salads were out of this world! Our waitress was very courteous and even made several trips back to fill our coffee cups and make sure our meal was as we expected.
As I expected when we left it was VERY busy to say the least, I was hearing 45 min wait so early is best option.

3  Thank dazzlynrio
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Great food, great prices, fun place, can't say enough about the primr rib and filets, 5 of us and we all loved the food,would drive from Chicago just to eat here agin

1  Thank Trish4564
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner on a Saturday night and we had about a 20 min wait, which we spent enjoying each others company in their bar.
Drinks: We had a 7-7, rum and pineapple juice and and old-fashioned. They were all very good and they were generous with the alcohol. We were pleasantly surprised when we got the bill and saw how inexpensive these drinks were!!
Food: The salads that came with the meal were plentiful and the dressings were great. I had the sweet/sour type dressing and my husband had the bleu cheese, which he said was the best he's ever had, even better than his dad's recipe. (this was a big deal!) My dressing was also very good, which a great tangy flavor. The bread was soft and warm with butter that was easy to spread. I had the broiled shrimp and the garlic mashed potatoes. He had the fried chicken dinner with the loaded mashed. My shrimp was bursting with flavor and the mashed potatoes had the perfect amount of garlic. His chicken was very moist and he said his potatoes were outstanding. We also had their drumstick torte which tasted exactly like a drumstick ice cream - very good. They had many many tortes to choose from. The best part was the bill - it was sooooo inexpensive for drinks and these two great dinners with dessert. It was around $40 for everything, tax included....
Service: The service was good with our waitress always hopping to make sure we were taken care of and they were very busy.
It did get somewhat loud in there towards the end, but for the majority of the meal, it was a very pleasant atmosphere.
This will definitely be on our list of favorite places to eat when we're driving through the area.

2  Thank Mark N Rebecca R