“Great place in the woods” 5 of 5 bubbles

Majerle's Black River Grill
Ranked #5 of 159 Restaurants in Sheboygan
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
“Great place in the woods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Driving out to this place it seemed like being out in the middle of nowhere. Place is a stones throw from the lake and great surprise. They don't make places like this anymore.

You walk in and see the bar with all the old timers.

The restaurant is smaller but very comfortable.

We sat by the fireplace and with the dark woods and big window looking out into the trees it was amazing atmosphere.

Mushroom soup was flavorful and really great!

Service was attentive and waiter was very helpful.

Sandwiches awesome especially the Reuben.

Kids foods and especially the chicken nuggets were great.

Breasted chicken was cooked well and had a great flavor and taste.

Even the bread basket was awesome.

Definitely a place to check out and thumbs up...!!!

1 Thank Chicagoburgsfamily

Chicago, Illinois
“Classic Wisconsin Supper Club!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Had the fried ravioli, which was deleicious, followed by a salad with the best crumbled blue cheese I ever had and the most tender prime rib ever. It melted in my mouth! For dessert I tried the Hershey tort, which was recommended by our waitress, and it was amazing. The desserts are all homemade made by one of the bartender's moms. Deer were eating bird seed right outside the window which made the night for the kids - and the adults too. Great food, location, atmosphere and service. I would definitely go back if I'm ever in Sheboygan again!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank mikez68
Poynette, Wisconsin
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We recently visited on a Friday night. Though we heard their fish fries were very good, we were looking forward to steak. We found the restaurant to be located in the beautiful Black River area of Sheboygan. The restaurant is surrounded by pine trees and very near the beaches of Lake Michigan. We arrive by 5:00 pm. They do not take reservations, so get there by then or consider a small wait. The service is excellent and the steak could not have been better. We highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank William W
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I went to Majerle's last night with my brother,sister in law and dad. We arrived at 5pm and there was an hour wait. No big deal because we really wanted to eat here and the ambiance was really great. We had both of my nephews with us (2 boys; 2 years and 3 mo). I had the haddock dinner which was fantastic. It was just the right amount of food and was prepared great. My brother had a full rack of ribs and they were fall off the bone tender. Come hungry if you are going to have the ribs though. My dad had the pork chop dinner. They off you broasted and grilled. He had one of each and was happy with both but favored the grilled more. My sister in law had the tenderloin which was cooked just as she had asked and was perfect. If you go do go early if you are going on a Friday as it does get busy and they dont take reservations. They do take reservations all other days. They also have a kids menu and although we were the only ones with children there that I could see it does seem as though they dont discriminate over if you have children or not. We will definately return

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Becky870
texas
“Great Local Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Everything's good about Majerle's. Prompt, friendly service. Full bar with a reasonable selection of beers on draught. We went on Friday night, so it was busy and it was fish fry night. I had the Friday night special bluegill, and it was very good. Good fish, battered right, and then fried to perfection. My wife had a steak sandwich that she said was very good. If you are going there on Friday, try to get there early. By 6PM there was a lengthy wait for a table. Oh well, they have a nice, big bar you can sit it to enjoy a drink before dinner. We will be back for sure.

• Visited August 2013