“Chicken and Pretzels? Oh Yeah.”

Bread and Bean Eatery
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: That's about it!
Chicago
“Chicken and Pretzels? Oh Yeah.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It's called Pittsburgh Chicken and I can see why our waitress recommended the dish so enthusiastically. More on this in a moment. We had just finished canoeing on the nearby marsh and our guide recommended the Bread and Bean. It doesn't look like much from the street. Right on the main drag through town. But once inside, the place while small, seemed to welcome us with charm and style. Our waitress was very friendly and took wonderful care of our needs. We stared with bruschetta. Outstanding. Very fresh ingredients and the hint of sweetness in the vinaigrette was just right. I was on the fence of whether to order Cicero Chicken or Pittsburgh Chicken. Our server instantly said "PITTSBURGH." Oh man was it good! Tender chicken scaloppine dredged in pretzel crumbs. Nice and crunchy! The dish is served over a parmesan/pesto pasta. I wanted to clean the plate, but our server urged us to save room for dessert. Wise choice. The 3 of us each ordered something sweet... berry cheesecake for my wife, a chocolate layer cake for my son, and the amazing lemon cake for me. A perfect harmony of moist, sweet and tangy. If we lived nearby we'd eat here at least once a week.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ChiWeather

Plymouth, Wisconsin
“Quick, tasty, delightful!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I took my wife out for a weekday lunch and allowed her to choose the restaurant. She opted for the Bread & Bean Eatery in Sheboygan Falls. The server who took our orders at the walk-up counter was quite helpful with offering suggestions. Usually I would not order cream of celery soup, but based on her testimony, I went for it, as did my wife. We also each ordered a half sandwich. Although it was noon on a Friday, the food was quickly brought out to our table. The soup was terrific, as were our sandwich choices. Great place- I will certainly go there again!

• Visited May 2014
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“A gem in a small town!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have to say I have eaten at this eatery for many, many years. What started as a very small place has grown but kept the idea of fresh, tasty food, with a little modern kick alive. Here are my likes and dislikes.

LUNCH IS AMAZING! If you can go in for lunch, it is informal with no real "service" but the food is beyond good for lunch. fresh tasting sandwiches, soups, and entrees for every pallete are on the menu. But is gets very busy at peak lunch times so try to go earlier or later than the standard 11:30-12:30 time period to avoid the rush. Even in the heavier times you can still be in and out in an hour if you can decide on what to order relatively quickly- and take dessert with you ;). Try a bread bowl soup if you can. Keep in mind their cream soups are lighter cream, not the heavy type that most restaurants in the area prefer to serve.
DESSERTS TO DIE FOR! Though they may not be fresh daily, they are kept well and are amazing in everyway. I suggest trying one.
CASUAL DINNER- now here is where I have a differing opinion than most. I prefer to eat lunch at Bread and Bean, because while dinner is good, I have only found certain dishes I really like and will pay the higher dinner prices for. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the dinner, I just would rather probably spend the money elsewhere for what I like.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friday specials!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Loved the scallops dish. Small restaurant and very busy so expect to wait. Prices are decent. Bar is well stocked.

Visited March 2014
“Good food poor hours”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great food when you can find them open.... I would like to be able to eat there more, but unless you work nearby hours are not conducive.

• Visited February 2014