The Rochester Inn
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at the Rochester Inn when on a business trip to Kohler, Wisconsin, what a wonderful experience! It felt much more like staying with friends than travelling on business (in the best way possible) It was reasonably priced, had great internet access, adorable, and comfortable. I would definitely stay here for business or leisure!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank APK_MN

Reviewed 10 December 2011

My wife and I chose to celebrate our 20th anniversary at the Inn. We have been coming here for over 12 years and it is well worth the 2 hour drive for us to get there. Each time we have stayed, we have been greated with amazing hospitality and have thoroughly enjoyed our time. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and every room we have stayed in has been comfortable. The rooms are very clean and quiet. Jacci, the Inn-keeper not only called us several days in advance to confirm, but called us a day in advance to let us know we could check in early, also offering to upgrade our room to a whirlpool suite. We ate dinner at a nearby restaurant at the Bull Golf Course, also outstanding. Breakfast was served in our room and was outstanding! We will continue To come back to enjoy this charming getaway.

Room Tip: We like Room #6. We have stayed in others, some with a whirlpool, but we just like this room the be...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tallyho078
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed at the Rochester on a Sunday night, not only enjoying a restful evening, but a yummy breakfast. The two-story room combined a seating area with a large whirlpool bathtub. This is a unique take on B&B stay. Greeted by a friendly hostess and a cookie jar was full of homemade chocolate chip cookies, what more could one ask for a check-in experience? It is a good sign when not one but three room guest books are filled with comments from many return guests. It did not bother us that the TVs were not modern flat screens (as mentioned in other reviews), as we didn’t come here to watch TV. The two-story rooms would not be for those who have mobility issues.

Not many places to eat for dinner on a Sunday night after Labor Day. We ate at Cuccina's (in Kohler) and I would not recommend it. We enjoyed visiting the shops in Kohler and a hike in Kohler Andre Park. That has to be one of the most beautiful parks to combine hiking in the dunes with beautiful views of Lake Michigan.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank empty_nester4now
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We are nornally too busy with our business to get away during the summer but decided to schedule a weekend away this year. My husband has a cient up in Kohler, WI so we decided to travel that direction and we are glad that we did. The Rochester Inn is a wonderful B&B. The room was beautiful and breakfast that was served in our room was delicious. It was just the break that we needed from a hectic summer. The location was perfect. It is very close to Kohler, Kohler-Andrae State Park on Lake Michigan, and restaurants in Sheboygan. We would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nagel
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stay at the Rochester Inn every year for a function at Road America. We enjoy our clean, large and comfortable room and the location that allows us to walk to some great little restaurants downtown. The innkeeper is always happy to see us each year and treats us as if we are old friends. Can't say enough good things about the scrumptous breakfast she brings to our room each morning either. Looking forward to our stay next year. She always knows when the event dates are for us and saves us our room. Can't beat that for SUPER service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chilbride1
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My husband stayed here years ago, business related. Same pleasant innkeeper, same wonderful service for us as retired folks. Golf was arranged and was spectacular. Breakfasts were delicious. Sheboygan Falls also has a wonderful restaurant, recommended by Jackie, the Bread and Bean. I am looking forward to my next trip the Rochester Inn. Our room was delightful, Just loved the place and the service. If I could check a box beyond Excellent, I would.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JennyL1977
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I would be doing you a dis-service if I didn't tell you about my experience at the Rochester Inn Bed and Breakfast in Sheboygan Falls, WI. They charged my credit card without my consent and refused to reverse the charges after saying they would, then the owner insulted me when I asked about it!!!! I never even received an invoice for the additional charges!!!!!! I would never again return to the Rochester Inn under any circumstances and wish I'd never heard of it!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RochesterInnRipOff
rochesterinn, Owner at The Rochester Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Of all of our guests in the last 22 years, I think this gentleman is my all time favorite.

This gentleman and his wife chose our place to celebrate their anniversary as many folks do. Upon booking the room, an email confirmation was sent as we do for all reservations for the room and taxes. A few days after receiving their confirmation, we received a phone call asking for extra services, mainly two in-room massages and dinner at a downtown restaurant. A second confirmation was sent as well to this gentleman via email.

While at our establishment, all services were received, including a full breakfast delivered to the room at their requested time, two in-room massages, and dinner at a local restaurant.

Upon check-out, a staff member presented the gentleman with his invoice reflecting the room plus all services received, (i.e.dinner, massages, room, and taxes.) His response was that "he knew the owner" and he was to receive a special price, then presented our staff with the first confirmation received reflecting the room and taxes only and stated this was what he was to pay. Our staff member thought he was being honest, and honored the "special price." Neither my husband or myself knew this gentleman or his wife.

Upon reconciling the weekend revenues, I noticed that he was charged the incorrect amount. I chose to call our guest, thanked him for staying with us, and informed him that I would be charging him the difference on his credit card. He stated that "he didn't know how much money was in that account," since it was a debit card, and that he would "go home and check" and call me the the next day. I found this very strange that he had to "go home" to check the balance of an account knowing full well he could log into his account to obtain that information or, at the least, call his bank. He then called us the next day stating he didn't have time to check his account and stated he would send us a check after he got back from vacation a week later. Once again, I found this strange and believed he had no intention of paying for his services.

In an effort to keep my response as short as possible, I chose to charge his card for the services received at our establishment and was accused of fraud for doing so. He was interested in me crediting his card and he would "send me a check." I was happy to accept a different card for his charges and credit his first card used after doing so, but the "fraud" accusation was mentioned once again.

In closing, this gentleman did not have any complaints about our establishment or services received. We completely fulfilled our commitment to him and his wife while he has chose not to do the same by paying for what he received.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheboygan Falls
5 mi away
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to The Rochester Inn? Share your experiences!