“Clean”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Siren
Isanti, Minnesota
“Clean”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

It was just me and my nine year old son. When I reserved the room all that was left was a single king-size, which was suitable for just the two of us. The fridge was not turned on so the front desk had to come down to take care of this. There were several hockey teams staying in the hotel and I must say that I didn't hear a peep the whole night, and we were retired to the room by 8:30. The hotel is set up quite nicely for noise reduction. The rooms could have used a little more elbow grease in cleaning but I may notice the grime a little more than others. Upon checking out I thought that I had grabbed everything but due to an injury, and the lumpy bed not helping, I didn't get a chance to look UNDER the bed or couch because I could barely move. Upon leaving my sons hockey game in Grantsburg I knew that I didn't grab his knee hockey stick, so I called the hotel to see if the cleaning staff had been in there yet or if they hadn't could they grab it for me and I would head over. I was put on hold for about 5 mins and then told no. I figured that I must've packed it and just forgotten. After unpacking at home I knew it had to be at the hotel still. I called back again and said that I found it hard to believe that it wasn't there, my son never left the room and it sat there the whole night. She went and checked again, yes, it was under the couch. So now the hockey stick that I forgot and called about before sits there until I can take the time to drive back to Siren,WI. I wish I would've not taken her at her word the first time. That is my only complaint.

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I had stayed in the past at crooked lake lodge. Due to so much noise and disturbance I had to try another hotel. I must say I was impressed with this hotel.I travel with my 6 year old daughter and I was relieved to see her enjoy this so much. Our last stay at the neighboring hotel had left her scared because of the amount of noise ongoing through the night. This was a much quieter,calm atmosphere. If your looking for a calm place to relax this is it. Happy customer!!

Stayed March 2014
Glenwood City, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Northwoods Lodge in Siren Wi & had a wonderful experience. The staff was exceptional, the pool & rooms were very nice, & the atmosphere was very cozy and lodge like. We would definately come back if we were in the are.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The lodge has great appearance and is very clean and has good ambiance. The free breakfast was adequate and in line with similar motels.
We had two complaints. There was no TV Channel guide available. We were told to go to channel 64 for the guide but we never could find it. We never did find ESPN 1 or NBC!
The other issue was the beds which were literally as hard as the floor next to them! We left a day early and I had to buy a back brace and take a strong muscle relaxer for a week afterwards.

Room Tip: Check the beds before you accept a room.
Siren, WI, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This Northwoods cabin atmosphere was great. We loved the look and the pool. Beyond that, the staff was most helpful with our aging dog. We also received our left-behind phone charger in time not to have to buy a new one.

Elgin, United States
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The Best Western hotel in Siren, WI is an excellent place to stay! The room was spacious, clean and nicely appointed. The bed was too hard for our taste, but we were very happy with our experience. The restaurant, Tesora, right across the street was an unexpected treasure find!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed at the Best Western in Siren WI, We have stayed there several times over the years. The rooms are nice, could use a microwave. Beds are nice and firm, Room clean. The hotel was pretty full this trip and there wasn't a lot of noise. So I consider a good value. They really need to fix the broken printer in the business center.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Siren
The Lodge at Crooked Lake
#1 of 1 in Luck
Grantsburg Inn
Grantsburg Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsburg

Been to Best Western Northwoods Lodge? Share your experiences!