“Avoid if possible” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Siren
fernley
“Avoid if possible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our second stay here. The other time was approx. 10 years ago. That time, after getting checked in, we were gone for the day. Upon our return, we were not able to get into our room. When we got back to the front desk, we were told that they had moved us to another room. We never gave them permission to do this. The staff personnel had moved all of our belongings. They gave us no explanation for their actions. Later, when we returned home, I found that my sunglasses were missing. I called long distance to tell them this, & they eventually "found" my glasses & mailed them to me.
This time our room was never cleaned. When we complained, they told us we had our "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Yes, we did in the morning, but took it off when we left for the day. They said the housekeeping staff left at 1PM. I told them that it was not acceptable, & expressed my extreme displeasure. The breakfast, too, was OK, but nothing special. The entire motel smells of chlorine from the pool. This was our only place to stay, since everywhere else were booked.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank phil w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Excellent breakfast waiting in a very hot lobby... room was ok, have been in cleaner, and certainly a lot dirtier... Guess if the clerk checking us in had a little better attitude toward the customer, and maybe not explain that the high cost of the room was a result of the new owners (takes more than the low cut top to impress, sorry) ... Thankfully upon check out a different attitude from a different employee. Wireless was spotty, a little stronger in the , did I mention VERY HOT lobby. Really was hoping for a better experience for the $$$

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
st.paul, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

very nicely dcorated in the northwoods theme.a nice cozy fire place with the northwoods theme and all the carvings of creatures on the fire place mantle.this is the place to stay and enjoy all the comforts of the motel.the breakfast was excellant and the entire staff was on top of anything that you might need.it sure is nice to come into a motel and have such a great feeling that you are going to have agreat stay with no problems of checking in or checking out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Farmington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and I can tell that the hotel is always clean. The staff is always willing to help if you need something. And the breakfast is better then expected from any hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Best Western in Siren is a great little secret of the far Northwoods. Clean ,friendly, comfortable. The staff is helpful and very attentive. They also have a great continental plus breakfast!!! Little extra touches make this place a notch above!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Portage, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times. The hotel is clean and comfortable and staff always friendly. This most recent stay left me disappointed, I had not packed shampoo or conditioner as it has always been provided...not anymore, front desk informed me that they no longer will have any and directed me to the local dollar store. Breakfast was also very different than prior visits...only had a few selections, tiny muffins were crushed, had to microwave the eggs, sausage that was individually wrapped in fridge. Not a lot of options in Siren area, I visit once a month, but I will be trying out The Lodge to compare next time I visit. Also as a FYI, I talked with local people and sounds like owners have changed which could account for changes.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarah K
Richland Center, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband booked this hotel for our trip to the Ice Caves by the Apostle Islands. Definitely was not expecting this type of lodging at all. The room was great! as well as the rest of the lodge. I have found that I am getting more critical of places that I go to and look for the negatives. I would definitely recommend this to anyone going north bound. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siren
The Lodge at Crooked Lake
#1 of 1 in Luck
Grantsburg Inn
Grantsburg Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsburg

Been to Best Western Northwoods Lodge? Share your experiences!