“Great ice cream”

Door County Ice Cream Factory & Sandwich Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“Great ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

One of our regular stops when we visit Door County. Our first couple of years we went to Not Licked Yet in Fish Creek when we wanted ice cream (or in their case custard) but after our first visit to the Ice Cream Factory we made this our place for ice cream. Nice, simple atmosphere with a lot of character and plenty of favors of high quality ice cream. One of these days we'll try the pizza. Only reason I didn't give it a 5 is I still think $8 is pretty steep for just 3 scoops of ice cream between my wife and I.

• Visited August 2014

East Walpole
“Easy to miss on 42. Try not to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Real ice cream made on premise. a wide variety of sandwiches and pizza. The chili is tasty and not overly spicy, but enough of a kick to satisfy all but the hardest core chili fans. The sandwiches are generous and service is quick, even when they are busy. For a lighter appetite, the half sandwich and soup option works well. I stumbled on this place a few years ago as it is across the street from Tannebaum christemeas and holiday shop and I make a point to have lunch there every year when we are on vacation in Door County

Visited August 2014
Kingston New York
“Excellent ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The ice cream there is the best I have had anywhere. There is a huge variety of ice creams. What was interesting for me is there were roughly 20 of us converging on the shoppe around 9 p.m. and I was thinking - how on earth are they going to serve us all before closing. Well they did it very well. Also, there are several places to sit and eat the ice cream.

Visited July 2014
“My new favorite ice cream shop in Door County”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were on a recent 9 day camping vacation in Peninsula State Park. My husband and I came here for ice cream four times (the one in Ephraim is always too busy) - anyway, we like this place better. They make their own ice cream, the don't just buy a brand I can get at the grocery store and sell it. The last three times I had the Door County Cherry and it was absolutely delicious. My husband had Pralines and Cream the last three times and enjoyed his just as much. Sometime we'd like to have lunch here, but since we have our dog with us, we have to make her wait in the truck as brief a time as possible. I wish there were room for a little more outside seating for those of us who travel with our pets, but I guess there wouldn't be any place to make room.

• Visited July 2014
Blairsville, Georgia
“Yummy Ice Cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

During our one week stay in Door County our reunion group of 19 all managed to visit the ice cream factory many times. I think everyone tried several different flavors and thought each one was great. The young staff were always very polite and friendly. The factory is located on a major road and very easy to find. The prices were very reasonable also.

Visited June 2014