“51st Birthday for Ms. High Maintenance”
Review of The Inn at Kristofer's - CLOSED

The Inn at Kristofer's
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Wonderful end to a perfect day in Door County ( actually husband is throwing a few casts with his fishing pole off the pier in front of restaurant amidst the afterglow of sunset.). Ok.. First ever review. I called the restaurant 4 times prior to coming as I am a vegetarian and gluten free. We own a restaurant in Milwaukee ( very high expectations) and my man is a foodie. We golfed through lunch so we were hungry for our 7.30 dinner reservation. We arrived and I was told the Chef had prepared something special for me ( incredible ... It was...). My husband ordered the special.. Beautiful scallops--- done creatively and perfectly . Our server Kristine was outstanding. Beautiful sunset lovely music and we finished dinner w their Mile high cheesecake. Oh.. Did I mention the beet salad, bread (my husband ordered another loaf) and specialty oil. Bon appetit to all who read this!!

2  Thank Tamara H

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been here many times in the past and wanted to treat my veteran son to something special. Kristopher's delivered. The food and wine were superb as always and the attentive wait staff were professional and took extra care of us, even though they were just beginning their season. Unfortunately restaurants can not give breath test for other patrons. Obnoxious, intoxicated people from Chicago were next to us giving their waitress such a hard time. Kristopher's is a sophisticated, fine dining restaurant and hire and train young people who showed good manners, gracious behavior and professional attitude even under stress. We in America need to be a little more tolerant and help our young people as they learn to work hard, serve well and do their best. Kristopher's is a highly recommended restaurant not a roadside bar!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Visiting SB on Memorial Day Weekend, we were treated to a night at Kristofer's. The restaurant has wonderful views of the lake and dining ambiance. Greeted by stylish wait staff and good manners, we found the food was just as excellent. They have a fine selection of wine and variety of choice on the menu. The only thing we found out of line was the obnoxious people sitting next to us were intoxicated even before being seated and behaved very rudely to the wait staff. But the staff was very patience and showed professional tolerance. I highly recommend this charming place and visiting Sister Bay, WI

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hostess was running around like chicken with her head cutoff every time she was asked to do anything and occasionally in between being asked to do things. Our waitress was awful. She wouldn't have been a good Denny's waitress. She didn't know the wine list, what they had or didn't, the menu, the silverware (that might have been the hostesses fault), she didn't know how to write down orders, open wine bottles...

The food was great. At least the stuff that made it to being ordered and brought to the table. The lamb chops were either a bit under cooked or of a poor quality since they were pretty chewy.

I think some of the other wait staff were capable of walking and chewing gumi blame the owner and or manager for putting someone in a position that are not capable succeeding at and for subjecting their patrons to an expensive bad taste for their restaurant.

If you decided to go here I have the following suggestions. Make your reservation for an hour before sunset way in advance and request a window table in front. And request a server who is knowledgable and capable.or go somewhere else before of after watching a nice sunset

3  Thank GuidoTheKilerPimp
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We visited this restaurant nervously. We had heard from individuals in the community that the quality had very much diminished since being sold. We came for my birthday dinner so there was that added pressure as well.
This is a very European style restaurant. It is about the whole experience, not just how quickly they can bring you food. There were only three staff members outside of the kitchen but our waiter was attentive and professional. The atmosphere was lovely. Relaxed and focused on a marvelous view of the bay.
The food was excellent. My husband had the lobster to start and I had the brussel sprouts, both were perfectly done. Our salmon and pork were completely delightful. The wine was lovely and from start to finish we had a marvelous meal. It was a refined and outstanding experience.

1  Thank TbabydollW