“Very comfortable”
Review of Scandinavian Lodge

Scandinavian Lodge
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Sister Bay
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed 2 nights at the lodge in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath rental "condo". Large jacuzzi in one of the bedrooms. .2nd bedroom was rather small w/queen bed, but the bathroom was very big. The shower was exceptionally small, could barely turn around in it, and we are not big people!
Kitchen was well equipped and clean. Kitchen floor had a large oval stain on the floor, but otherwise was clean. Porch went from one bedroom around the living room and to the other bedroom, very nice. View was of part of the parking lot though. Lodge had a very nice pool, indoor, and hot tub. The staff was friendly, but only if you talked to them first. Lodge had a library w/nice seating and a computer for guest use, which was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 667ate

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We recently had a short 2 night stay here. The resort is conveniently located for Sister Bay attractions, even within a short hiking distance if you do not want to mess with Sister Bay parking and traffic. As we are avid bikers, we appreciated the fact that they have a bike storage room, which means our bikes weren't out in the rain and that we didn't have to load them every time we were done riding onto our bike rack.

The rooms were clean and nice. The mini fridge and microwave were handy. The in room jacuzzi with scented bubbles was very nice as well. We didn't have time to use the other amenities on the property, but the indoor and outdoor pools seemed very nice.

We would return next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WeLove2Travel1998
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I recently visited Door County with my elderly parents. The staff could not have been nicer and accommodating. When I made the reservations I wanted the two bedroom condo so we would have plenty of space. I also asked if we could be close to the lobby to avoid long walking in the hallways for my parents. The man I talked with suggested the handicapped accessible room so they would have a walk in shower. That had not even dawned on me and it would have been a problem for them to shower with a shower/tub combo. I was very grateful for the recommendation.
We arrived, and our room was the first room around the corner from the lobby, which was wonderful. The room was very spacious and my parents felt as if they were in a small house. They had their complete privacy on their side with a bathroom right in their room. I was able to have privacy in another room on the other side of the condo, with shared living space and a full kitchen. It could not have been nicer for us. We had paid for a four night stay, but my father became worn out and wasn't feeling up to staying for the fourth night, so the day desk employee refunded us the fourth night (which is not usually in their policy of early departure) and was so kind to us all. I can't say enough about the service at Scandinavian Lodge. The location is great and Sister Bay is a fun place to stay and experience all Door County has to offer.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Vlhave
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We had a nice stay at the Lodge in the middle of August. We've been there several times over the last 9 years. The place is defintiely aging. Of course in this economy, no one expects a complete renovation of the place. However, the flooring was dated, dirty and in definite need of replacement. Also, the blinds in our condo were broken and hanging down. I hope that some upgrades can be made in the near future.
Otherwise, our stay was nice. It's a nice, quiet place.
My only complaint, is how "quiet" the front desk staff are. Every single time we went through the lobby (except when we were checking in and out), we were completely ignored by the staff. I looked at them every time, had a smile on my face, fully expecting them to acknowledge us. Not once did they ever make eye contact or greet us.
We have already decided we're going to try someplace else next summer for our annual trip to Door County.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank A H
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Accomodations were nice - lots of space, nice to have access to indoor and outdoor pools. However, about a week after returning home my son found a "tick" near where we keep our luggage. I recalled seeing an insect like this before - when we used the extra blanket in the closet at the lodge. At the time, I hadn't thought much of it - just one little bug I hadn't seen before. At home, though, knowing this wasn't a tick, I looked it up on the intranet and it is 100% positively a bed bug. We haven't traveled elsewhere not had guests stay at our home recently, so given the temporal relationship, vicinity near the suitcase, and fact I saw a similar bug on a blanket there, I'm thinking the origin was the lodge.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank travelingPs_11
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We have been going to The Lodge every year for the last 5 years. It's an annual trip with our very good friends. We love the accommodations! We have nothing but good things to say about the room, the amenities, and the setting.

HOWEVER, for the last couple of years we have been very disappointed with the desk staff. They seem very uninterested that we chose to spend our time and money at their Lodge. At a recent stay we experienced an even more distant and rude treatment. So much so that we have decided to find another place for next year's gathering. We were not greeted well at our arrival and it seemed like we were putting the clerks out when they checked us in. I was so concerned about this that I actually spent some time in the lobby watching the staff interact with other guests . . . and I must say that the desk staff was consistently aloof and rude to everyone. When it was time to check out we made reservations for next year's trip. But the lady behind the desk seemed more interested in blowing us off than pleased that we would be returning. That's when we decided to look elsewhere. Efforts to talk with the lady were fruitless.

If you are looking for great accommodations and don't mind a desk staff who lacks common courtesy, then The Lodge is your place.

My friends and I already have or will be communicating our disappointment to the management.

One more thing . . . the cleaning staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
15  Thank Guy V
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Our 4 day stay couldn't have been better. The two bedroom condo was perfect. Lots of room. Both pools, indoor,outdoor were warm and easy to get into. Staff was fantastic. We used the room kitchen a couple of nights to save on expenses. Everything we need for to prepare our meals was there. Gas grills were located on either side of the lower wings. The tennis court was in great shape. They also rent bikes (both adults and children).

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
Open Hearth Lodge
Open Hearth Lodge
#3 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Scandinavian Lodge? Share your experiences!