“Excellent End to a wonerful day”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CHOP

CHOP
Reserve with OpenTable
CHOP is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, Chop is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. CHOP is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent End to a wonerful day”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had read about this restaurant several weeks ago in the newspaper. We were looking for somewhere for a good steak and little did we know how great dinner would be. This is a small restaurant so reservations are highly recommended. We had a bit of a wait, even with reservations but the wait was well worth it. My filet was wonderful as was my husbands steak. Everything was absolutely delectable and as someone else had commented, the maple utter was sooo great.! I had a pumpkin bisque, which I had never had and I loved it. I wanted dessert, but there truly was no room for anything.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved it and we will be back the next time we are in Door County.

• Visited November 2013

Hicksville, Ohio
“Upscale and so yummy!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Chop was simply delicous. The fresh bread with maple butter was to die for. The caesar salad was excellent. My steak was cooked to perfection which mashed potatoes that were creamy. Dessert was soooooo good- cheesecake! It was pricey but totally worth it.

Visited October 2013
Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States
“Great food!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a great dinner. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly and tasted heavenly! We shared the Chocolate flourless torte and a Salty carmel fudge sundae for dessert. They were both delicious. I would highly recommend the restuarant. It was the best food we had in Door County!

• Visited October 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Outstanding Food”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Based upon the reviews on Trip Advisor, my wife and I made a last minute reservation at Chop. From the moment we arrived and absorbed the phenomenal beef aromas we knew we had selected the right dining choice. We were greeted warmly and kept informed about the status of our table ultimately being seated within minutes of our reservation. The wait staff was very courteous offering not only a detailed description of daily specials and upon request her favorite dishes. Surprisingly, my wife was able to sample a wine prior to selecting her varietal. First course consisted of the Chop House salad with blue cheese and wonderful flavors while also enjoying the mushroom bisque with wild rice, both were delicious. For entrees, My wife ordered the ribeye which was cooked to a medium rare perfection with the optional mushrooms and onions. I thoroughly enjoyed perhaps the best filet I have ever consumed. Both steaks were done to perfection! The up charge twice baked potato was dilectable with strong buttery flavors. Given the size of our meals we did not have room to enjoy dessert selections from homemade cheesecakes to sorbets. We would definitely return and encourage others to enjoy great food and service as well -- but make a reservation!

“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were a little skeptical at first...it was very crowded and being such a small place, we weren't sure it could live up to its billing. Well, it did and then some in both service and food. Everything was absolutely delicious. The popovers and salads were memorable. Then we had the perfectly prepared NY Strip and the pan-fried Walleye. It was lightly-breaded and very fresh. The service was great. It was very entertaining to observe the Owner as she masterfully and warmly managed the crowds, never missing a beat. The service was impeccable and it is obviously a family-run place. The atmosphere was cozy, warm and comfortable. We will add our praises to this much-loved place!

• Visited October 2013