“Incredible steak and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CHOP

CHOP
Reserve with OpenTable
CHOP is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, Chop is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. CHOP is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Incredible steak and excellent service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our meals at Chop were excellent. The service was superior. The steak was one of the best we have ever had at a restaurant. The wine list is quite extensive with some excellent choices. The wait staff is superb and very knowledgeable about the items on the menu and the wine list. The waiter always seemed to be there when we were looking for him yet we did not notice him otherwise. It is a small place so reservations are highly recommended. It is a little pricey but well worth it. Excellent for a special occasion.

2 Thank Wolfgang37

Sheboygan, WI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had one of the best rib eye steaks, equalling Ruth's Chris. Very nice decor, it is a hidden gem. The location is deceiving, you are not expecting to find such a good restaurant in a strip mall of sorts. Hostess was very warm and welcoming. steaks were prepared perfectly, great flavor. Rib eye was so tender you could pierce it through with a gentle push of the fork. Will definitely make it a regular stop on our yearly trips to Door County.

1 Thank Wayne22
Campbellsport, Wisconsin
“Good Food Great Service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went to Chop for dinner with my husband for date night. I had the Chicken and my Husband had Steak. The food was VERY good but it was the service that will bring us back in the door. We were not sure what we wanted when we got there and the lovely young lady that waited on us was AWESOME! I wish I could remember her name but I do remember she had very pretty long, dark hair braided off to the side. Everything she recommended for us to try we tried and it was to die for. She was happy, Sweet and a joy to talk to and new her menu. She made our dining experience a night to remember. My husband and I love to try new places to eat when we are in Door County and over the years we have come across some not so pleasant servers and servers that didn't know about the menu, but this young lady handled what ever was thrown her way very well. We even hunted her down the next day at her day job, a nice farm market outside of Baileys Harbor. There is no denying that great service makes a difference.
and just remember not mater what restaurant you go to (((DON'T FORGET TO TIP))) even if you have a gift card TIP!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Madam_Mim2014
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Chop was very nice. I'd go back if in the mood for steak, the service was very kind and helpful and the food was great. I ordered the strip steak with onions and mushrooms added and tried both the blue cheese and house butter toppings, I had the mushroom bisque also (excellent). My husband had the steak special and then we shared appetizers, bacon wrapped scallops and also fried pot stickers. Both excellent. I personally enjoyed the soup and appetizers the best. The atmosphere could easily be upgraded a bit.

1 Thank Ashley K
Deerfield, Illinois
“A Lovely Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After a great day enjoying the delights of Door County, my wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a wonderful dinner at Chop. They let me bring my own wine for a slight corkage fee and it went superbly with the food. We shared the pot sticker appetizer, I had the Ceaser Salad and my wife had the Chop Salad, and we both had steaks. I had the New York Strip Steak, and my wife enjoyed the Steak Oscar New York Strip which has asparagus and crab, Both had delicious smashed potatoes. What made the evening most enjoyable, besides the beautiful outside weather, was our server Tori, who was personable and knowledgeable. We talked extensively with her and she was spot on with her service. It was an extremely enjoyable meal and eveing and when back in Door County we will certainly return.

• Visited May 2014