“Very happy:)”
Review of Chop

Chop
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Price range: US$16 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, CHOP is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. CHOP is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Very happy:)”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We recently visited "Chop" on a Saturday evening and were very impressed. While it is tucked back in an area that may be hard to find for some, it's worth finding.
Our party of three were all very happy with our meals. It was a first time for two of us and a second for one. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It is small and cozy inside, but they do have outside seating with heaters if the weather happens to cool down a bit more than you hope for this summer.
We'd definitely go back!

1 Thank Susan C

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Incredible steak and excellent service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our meals at Chop were excellent. The service was superior. The steak was one of the best we have ever had at a restaurant. The wine list is quite extensive with some excellent choices. The wait staff is superb and very knowledgeable about the items on the menu and the wine list. The waiter always seemed to be there when we were looking for him yet we did not notice him otherwise. It is a small place so reservations are highly recommended. It is a little pricey but well worth it. Excellent for a special occasion.

2 Thank Wolfgang37
Sheboygan, WI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had one of the best rib eye steaks, equalling Ruth's Chris. Very nice decor, it is a hidden gem. The location is deceiving, you are not expecting to find such a good restaurant in a strip mall of sorts. Hostess was very warm and welcoming. steaks were prepared perfectly, great flavor. Rib eye was so tender you could pierce it through with a gentle push of the fork. Will definitely make it a regular stop on our yearly trips to Door County.

1 Thank Wayne22
Campbellsport, Wisconsin
“Good Food Great Service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went to Chop for dinner with my husband for date night. I had the Chicken and my Husband had Steak. The food was VERY good but it was the service that will bring us back in the door. We were not sure what we wanted when we got there and the lovely young lady that waited on us was AWESOME! I wish I could remember her name but I do remember she had very pretty long, dark hair braided off to the side. Everything she recommended for us to try we tried and it was to die for. She was happy, Sweet and a joy to talk to and new her menu. She made our dining experience a night to remember. My husband and I love to try new places to eat when we are in Door County and over the years we have come across some not so pleasant servers and servers that didn't know about the menu, but this young lady handled what ever was thrown her way very well. We even hunted her down the next day at her day job, a nice farm market outside of Baileys Harbor. There is no denying that great service makes a difference.
and just remember not mater what restaurant you go to (((DON'T FORGET TO TIP))) even if you have a gift card TIP!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Madam_Mim2014
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Chop was very nice. I'd go back if in the mood for steak, the service was very kind and helpful and the food was great. I ordered the strip steak with onions and mushrooms added and tried both the blue cheese and house butter toppings, I had the mushroom bisque also (excellent). My husband had the steak special and then we shared appetizers, bacon wrapped scallops and also fried pot stickers. Both excellent. I personally enjoyed the soup and appetizers the best. The atmosphere could easily be upgraded a bit.

1 Thank Ashley K