“Rushed through dinner and no privacy”
Review of Chop

Chop
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Price range: US$16 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With an emphasis on classic American Steakhouse cuisine, CHOP is Door County's First Choice for great steak and seafood. CHOP is a great place to eat, combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, high-quality food and service.
Geneva, Illinois
“Rushed through dinner and no privacy”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We had been anxious to come here because we heard such good reviews so we made reservations more than a week in advance. We were sat at a table nearly in the doorway. When people came in we were looking very closely at their backsides...not appetizing. Our waiter seemed to rush us through. A large table came in after us and he wanted us out of his way before he had to concentrate on them.

The food was very good. But the place was so small there was no privacy, no intimate romantic dinner here. For the price, not the experience I had hoped for.

2 Thank Marie W

“Excellent fine dining!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My new wife and I were on our honeymoon, and of course wanted to partake of some fine dining restaurants. We saw Chop while perusing the Door County Guide and I thought it would be a nice place to go one night. The atmosphere is cozy, yet refined for a small restaurant. There is covered outdoor seating, which is nice for evening meals. My wife ordered burgandy beef and I ordered a New York Strip. Both dishes were excellent. We finished our meal with an amazing flourless chocolate torte. Overall, a very lovely time!

Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Program your GPS as it's hidden behind the Piggly Wiggly - inland a bit from the water's edge. But it's well worth the search.
We decided to dine on the patio as it was a wonderful evening. The view isn't scenic but an abundance of flowers in baskets made up for that. Casual attire is OK but dress that up a bit as it's a white tablecloth restaurant.
Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive - exactly what you want.The wine list was perfect - something for every palate - including 2 delicious house blends.
Our dinners were the best we found in our week long stay in Door County. I recommend their Caesar salad to start - crisp Romaine perfectly dressed, topped with shredded romano and accompanied by amazingly good, tender, buttered croutons (I usually leave those rock hard pebbles on the side of my salad plate). Lamb chops, perfectly seasoned and cooked to your liking are also my recommendation.
Don't miss this restaurant.

Algonquin
“Small and Quaint”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This restaurant was hidden away in a small but quaint building. We had to stop for directions. Once we arrived they had outdoor seating which we took. Indoors was very cute but chilly. The servers were not only attentive but accommodating. The food was delicious but nothing to rave about. They served a puff pastry with maple syrup butter as opposed to the traditional bread and butter. Only wine and beer were available.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
“None better”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just might be the best meal I've ever had in Door County and I've been coming here for forty years. Our waitress was wonderfully friendly without over-doing it. We will be back often.