“Needs Sprucing Up”
Review of Church Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sister Bay
Church Hill Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Sister Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We took a family vacation and picked the Church Hill based on photos and that they don't allow small children. We reserved two rooms for two nights. Though the lobby is very cute, the rest of hotel needs an overhaul. The deluxe room my parents stayed in smelled musty. There was a very old air conditioner in the room, so it was choose between it being an ice box or sauna. The paper blinds were really dusty, the fridge was dirty on the outside, the mirror on the table hadn't been cleaned in forever, there was a lot of paint missing from the doors, walls, etc and the porch area was full of dead leaves. The halls/lobby were very warm (there is no central air, only wall units in certain areas). Were these horrible things - no, but it didn't leave the best first impression, especially when spending $140 a night. The place needs a good cleaning, touch up paint and some fresh flowers. On the plus side the beds were comfy and it was quiet. The breakfast was good. Downside, the pool is very small. The staff was not friendly - no hello in the morning, no "thank you" when we checked out. I don't think I would stay here again given all the other choices in the area.

2  Thank 13CMR
There are newer reviews for Church Hill Inn

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Spent two nights in this English Style B&B. It offered wonderful breakfast and super amenities for a reasonable price. I would not hesitate staying hear again. Nice location in Sister Bay. They offer drinks at a neat little bar on an honor system- who does that these days. We chose it by the luck of the draw and of course the personal reviews and were not at all disappointed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have been to many bed and breakfast inns, and I would say that this one would rate near the bottom of my list. There was no personal contact whatsoever, never once did the owners interact with us. The breakfast at the chain hotel that we stayed at in Chicago was much better than what we were served at the Church Hill Inn.
I am from California and would not recommend this to any of my friends.
When I paid the person at the front desk, I was never even asked if I had a good time, she never even said good morning or have a good day.
The rooms were very nice but that is where it ends for me.
If you want to feel that you are staying at a hotel with a restaurant this might be for you. But it was not even near to what I expect from a bed and breakfast.
One last thing there was a note on all the tables at breakfast that said gratuities are not included with breakfast. That is nothing short of poor taste and rude.
If you want a real bed and breakfast experience, this is not the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Igivetlcinob
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We spent one night at the Church Hill Inn and enjoyed our stay and the service. The front desk was very kind and helpful. Our room was spacious and clean with a private bathroom. There was a small bar area on the main floor and many sitting areas through out the Inn for guests to socialize, read, or play board games. The close proximity of the Inn to restaurants, vineyards, and other attractions was a plus. There are many restaurant options just a short drive from the Inn. They offer a delicious breakfast in the morning served in the quaint dining area. The breakfast was complimentary, however it is suggested to leave a tip for the server. I would highly recommend the Church Hill Inn to couples looking for a quiet and charming place to stay in the Door County area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We recently traveled to Sister Bay, WI and chose the Church Hill Inn to stay. I chose it randomly after looking online and being totally overwhelmed. There are many other small towns to stay in that are closer to the water, etc...but Sister Bay was a good choice for us. The Church Hill in has an English environment...an old English taxi sits outside and adds to the atmosphere. The owners are pleasant and accommodating. The main stay would without a doubt be their fabulous breakfast buffets.. Small, but hearty buffets each morning...scrambled eggs always on, along with fresh fruit, 3 choices for juice, fresh muffins, scones, coffee cake.. maybe pancakes or an eggbake, bangers (sausage...great!!). Small, but quaint dining room with the service being congenial and homey. You will not regret a stay here. All staff memebers are cordial, friendly, and very welcoming and wanting to please you. There is a little shopping area right next to the place; again, quaint, unique different shops..upscale resale, unique gifts, etc... Enjoy!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have the 'high; bed and they do offer a step stool to assist you. Other rooms...
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Spent one night at the Church Hill, not our first stay, and again found it to be an oasis in a rather hectic environment. Very adult setting with a great pool, sitting areas inside and out and a great breakfast. The location is perfect-we even saw fireworks from the entrance way. We had a corner room which was a little larger then the others.This is always our first choice in Door County.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

In the past 7 years, I have been to the Church Hill Inn many times. The type trip changes and Church Hill Inn continues to meet my needs. There's been solitary trips, trips with my husband, a few with my 21 year old daughter as well as trips with my elderly mother. This time, we were a family of 4 with young adult "kids." The room was very comfortable and clean (the cleaning crew is top-notch and very helpful); the extensive breakfast buffet is delicious and keeps you going until late afternoon. I particularly like the scones and curdled cream (freshly baked pastry offerings change daily) plus the hearty foods like cheese strata (artichoke, sausage or/and ham), and fruit and granola. Love tea and coffee's availability 7-9:00 p.m. (iced tea for me, please) in the honors bar section. Small public refrigerators and microwaves let you bring leftovers from the restaurant to heat up later. (There's a large grocery store walking distance.) Important to note: we traveled with a trailered boat, a kayak and bicycles and all could be easily kept in the Inn's large parking lot and bike area. There are 5 interior sitting areas (4 with fireplaces) as well as nice swimming pool area and garden area with large fountain (viewing goldfinch bathing, a bonus). Mike and Lisa are the excellent hosts. There are spa treatments available in a nicely re-done lower level.

Room Tip: The corner luxury rooms are large with 3 windows on 2 sides, whirlpool tub and small refrigerator.