“Histiric lodge”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sister Bay
Liberty Lodge at Sister Bay
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Sister Bay
Reviewed 22 July 2007

Very neat and charming historic hotel. It is far away from chain hotels style. Rooms are well designed representing old Door County style.
Disadvantage - a little to close to the highway.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank doordoor

Reviewed 13 November 2006

A beautiful and well maintained property. The room was large, light and airy with beautiful wood floors and nice bedding. The setting could not be lovelier or more serene. For a quiet and relaxing visit, this Lodge could not be beaten.

The continental breakfast isn't very extensive but more like we used to get several years ago. You can definitely eat enough to hold you over until lunch.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would love to return.

Wish I could post pictures so that I could share some nice ones. Maybe I'll learn someday.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank R&MRich
Reviewed 17 October 2006

We had tremendous difficulty finding a place to stay in Sister Bay, and all of Door County actually because our anniversary weekend happened to fall on the same weekend of Sister Bay's Fall Festival. Due to that, EVERY inn, lodge, b&b,resort and dive motel had a required minimum three night stay for that weekend.
I thought Liberty was the answer to our prayers when the gal on the phone heard our situation, that being we were celebrating our anniversary and could only do a two night reservation. SHE GAVE US A WHIRLPOOL SUITE FOR A TWO NIGHT STAY. In retrospect I should have taken the gal's name, who I spoke to.
To say we were happy was an understatement....but that was short lived. I will admit I was at fault for not opening our literature from the lodge as soon as it arrived, but I thought things were completely good to go and I have two children, run a family daycare and homeschool....so I deal with things as they arise.

The afternoon we were to leave, I opened up the envelope with the lodge's information and noticed they had us down on our paperwork for 3 NIGHTS!. I called and spoke with the owner and just confirmed the information, When I tried to explain to her that we'd been given an exception by the woman who answered the phone that day, she abruptly said "okay". I felt a little bad, but I knew I never would have made the reservation if we didn't have the exception because we A) couldn't afford three nights and B) we didn't have the time off of work.

So we arrive and a nice young man checks us in and we never see any paperwork. We get to our room, which is nice, but a little worn and discover that the heat is not working. October in wisconsin can be chilly, but this weekend it was COLD. temps in the 30's. So the young man came and jiggled the switches and got it work......until it kicked the air conditioning on. We decided it was warm enough in the room and if need be we would use the fireplace.

The next morning we brought our concerns about the heat to the desk person (who happened to be the owner) Her reply was "I don't think I could get anyone out here today, with all the festival traffic" Not an I'm sorry, can I do anything else to make your stay enjoyable or anything like that......poor, poor service.

When they say continental breakfast, they mean it.....regular or decaf coffee, creamer, a jug of orange juice chilled in a bowl of ice and a tray of donuts....that's it.

So Sunday came and I went to go settle the bill. The owner pulled our paperwork and said"three nights at $139 a night"
And I told her we only stayed for two and she said "oh yes".
And I said I spoke to someone on the phone on Friday and she said it was her. I stood my ground, she didn't push and I am glad.

I don't think I'll stay there again, just because of the service.
If you don't care about how you are treated and you don't want much frill. But we won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank psinapod
Reviewed 6 September 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Liberty Park Lodge and Cottages over the Labor Day weekend. At the north end of Sister Bay, directly on the waterfront, the location of this property is beautiful. We rented the Balsam Cottage. The inside of our Cottage was clean. The water pressure in our shower was perfect, and the warm water for our showers were ideal. The furnishings are somewhat rustic, though the bed was very comfortable, the mini-fridge worked well, and the TV was fine, though we didn't watch much TV. Our 2 year old son loved the cottage, and particularly loved running outside to play with the ducks which ambled about the lawn. Service at this hotel is good, and unobtrusive. Most guests seemed to be enjoying quiet relaxation. Grills are available to BBQ, and there is a stone beach, where you can have a fire at night. We had a nice, quality vacation. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank Worldtraveler68
Reviewed 20 May 2004

The Liberty Park Lodge located just outside "downtown" Sister Bay, WI is a beautifully restored classic Door County Lodge. The staff is friendly and accomodating and the moring donuts are addictive! The lodge itself is located across the street from a huge lawn that fronts the rocky shores of the bay. Unfortunately, 2nd floor rooms do not have a balcony, but the water can be seen from the windows; 1st floor rooms, however, do open up onto a grand front porch. There are also adorable cottages across the street that line the huge bayfront lawn. The rooms at the lodge are very comfortable and spotless. Closet space is rather limited, but there are plenty of dresser drawers in which to place your sweatshirts and shorts (typical Door County summer attire.)If you are expecting the Hyatt Regency, this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking for a true Door County experience, a comfortable, incredibly reasonable place to sleep, a great place to read a book, or to lounge out on the dock, I would highly recommend the Liberty Park Lodge.

16  Thank pbjandthou
#3 of 10 in Fish Creek
Scandinavian Lodge
Scandinavian Lodge
#9 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Liberty Lodge at Sister Bay? Share your experiences!