We were in Door County for our anniversary and celebrating our engagement and thought the Country House "Resort" looked like a place to relax and enjoy Door County. Upon arriving the grounds were well maintained but it was obvious there was no view of the water from the room. We still checked in and got our key. We were told to go around to the back side of the building to our "Specialty room". The moment we walked in it was quite obvious this was not the place we would be celebrating anything. The room still had 70's style decor in royal blue and gold. The towels looked as if they were someone's old cast offs. The room smelled as if it had not been used in months and was hardly a "specialty room". It was more of a Motel 6 with a one person jacuzzi tub next to the bed. We immediately called the front desk, informed them the room was unacceptable and told the front desk clerk we would be leaving. We then asked about the refund policy, she promptly told us they had a two week cancellation policy which we told her we understood but the room was not up to our standards. We asked that she call the manager and get our money back. We then vacated the room and returned to the front desk where we were told that "We were more than welcome to leave." We informed her we would be leaving once we got our refund. The woman then asked where we were from and told us she was from San Fransisco and she LOVED the room. Eventually the manager returned the call and refunded our money. Don't be fooled by the website or the so called "specialty rooms", you will be disappointed and out nearly $200 for the equivalent of a roadside motel.Save yourself the suffering and book at The Birchwood in Sister Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a quiet, relaxing getaway at this adult only (children 13 years and older), waterfront resort. Close to everything, yet away from it all. 46 rooms and suites, most with private water view balconies overlooking the rolling bluff, bay, fountains and gardens. Accommodations available with in-room whirlpools and gas fireplaces. Complimentary bikes, kayaks, tennis and a European style continental breakfast buffet (May-Oct). Amenities include heated outdoor pool, outdoor whirlpool, fire table, fishing dock and shoreline nature trail. Reservations for designated dog friendly rooms must be made by calling the resort directly. No online reservations that include a dog. See our website for our complete Dog Policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Country House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country House Hotel Sister Bay
- Country Hotel Sister Bay
- Country House Resort Sister Bay, Door County, WI