Country House Resort
The Inn at Little Sister Hill(Sister Bay)(Great Value!)
US$88
Scandinavian Lodge(Sister Bay)(Great Value!)
US$99
Orbitz.com
Open Hearth Lodge(Sister Bay)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$90
Sister Bay Inn(Sister Bay)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$77
Travelocity
Coachlite Inn of Sister Bay(Sister Bay)(Great Value!)
US$77
Travelocity
All reviewsnature trailgrounds are beautifulyogurtdoor county cherriesthe penthousehot tubfrench toastview of the bayhard boiled eggswelcome basketmake your own wafflessteep pathview of the watercontinental breakfastsalamiprivate balconyking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I visited Door County for a weekend get-a-way and enjoyed our relaxing stay at the Country House Resort. Country House is centrally located - only a quick drive to many wineries, restaurants, lovely views and sites, and events. It's an adults only facility, which at first made me a little leery, but I can understand it now that I'm been there....it's a safety issue given the steep hill behind the resort and the cliffs along the resort's private path. I would have a hard time bringing my kids there without reservation for their safety given the cliffs, so good call on the resort's part. Also, it was a quiet, peaceful location, well suited for retirees and romantics - the peace would have been disturbed if kids were running about. Overall the resort exceeded my exceptations. It was a bit dated, but it was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the view was amazing. I only wish we had been there a week or two earlier to catch the fall colors and the warmer weather. If warmer I would have brought my tennis racket to play on the Country House court, and swimsuit to enjoy the hot tub. The last weekend of October proved to be at least a week past prime for Door County - many restaurants and resorts were already closed for the season.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank momibabeChicago
CZC101, Owner at Country House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so pleased that we met our goal of exceeding your expectations! Our policy of adults and children 13 years and older does allow us to maintain a very peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. I apologize that you found some of the shops or restaurants you hoped to visit closed. Most seasonal businesses close about the first of November but I do enjoy the peace and quiet of the off season even if there are fewer businesses open year round. We hope you will visit again next year to enjoy the fall colors and our great view!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The resort is somewhat dated, but kept up well. The location/view is perfect. Sister Bay is ok. I personally prefer Fish Creek downtown better (Whistling Swan Inn). Breakfast was included, an average hotel breakfast. The staff are very nice and friendly. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a bay view, maybe even second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that our central location in Sister Bay allowed you to enjoy your favorite spots in Fish Creek and throughout the Door County Peninsula. We appreciate your comments regarding some aspects of the resort appearing dated. Each year we invest in significant upgrades and updates. Our plans for this coming off season include updates to our room decor and completing some exterior painting. We hope you will return next year to see and enjoy our latest enhancements.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I've only been here a few hours, but am already very impressed. The views are breathtaking, the amenities superb, friendly staff, clean rooms with fantastic bathrooms, and wonderful welcome goodies for my fur babies. Would not hesitate to return.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank KCHolle

Thank you for so promptly posting a review of our property. We hope you were pleased through out your stay. We are also happy to know that your "fur babies" enjoyed the welcome basket of treats and items to make their stay more comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

My wife found the Country House for a last minute Door Co. getaway. The room was quiet and comfortable, the staff were friendly and the continental breakfast was free. Some nice outdoor amenities (hot tub, small pool, tennis court) and easy access to a nice walking trail along the water. For the price this is a good deal for Door Co.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sparkcus

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you found us for your last minute get-a-way and enjoyed your stay. We hope you will return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Three of us went to Door County for a couple of days. We picked this resort because it looked nice and was dog friendly. The rooms were very clean, a little old fashioned but fine. The grounds are stunning, with a fabulous view of the lake and gardens. There are several fountains, so everywhere you go you hear them, it's very serene. There were no young children (they don't allow children under 13, which is a plus for me) making a racket. The breakfast was a lovely European style continental affair, which we enjoyed. The staff was so helpful and kind. My dog loved the walks and available outdoor spaces (and the treats that were left in the room for him). My friends tried the bikes out, and said they weren't in great shape, and the toliet had a leak, but they fixed within ten minutes of being told.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Liz B
CZC101, Owner at Country House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that all of you, including your dog, enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we promptly addressed the leaking toilet and apologize for your inconvenience. I have also asked our maintenance person to take a look at the bikes and take care of any wear and tear from the busy season. Thank you again and we hope to see all of you on your next trip to Door County,