Don't get me wrong, it's a decent enough place. We didn't stay in a fancy room. It was really very small and cramped. The housekeeping staff would leave the windows open and the blinds drawn when they left, which we had intentionally left closed because we had expensive items laying about. I'm sure there's a low level of theft there, but still, it felt like a lack of respect for our things. The owner (I think), was delightful. Very helpful and had great suggestions for dining and things to do. Other staff didn't seem to know the area very well, which surprised us because it is a small area. The breakfasts were filling most mornings. Not quite full on breakfast but more than just rolls. The grounds were great as most have commented. I doubt that we would return, for the price of a comfortable room we would rather go to a Bed and Breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner - Enjoy a quiet, relaxing getaway at an elegant, adult, wooded waterfront retreat. Close to everything, yet away from it all. 46 rooms and suites, most with private balcony overlooking the rolling bluff, bay, fountains and gardens. Many with 2-person whirlpool, 2-person body spray shower and fireplace. Complimentary bikes, rowboats, tennis and an in-season European style buffet breakfast. Amenities include heated outdoor pool, whirlpool, sun deck, fishing dock and shoreline nature trail. Dogs accommodated is designated "dog friendly" rooms & suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Hotel.de and Agoda so you can book your Country House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country House Hotel Sister Bay
- Country Hotel Sister Bay
- Country House Resort Sister Bay, Door County, WI