I wasn't sure what to expect for my visit to Door County last weekend. It was Memorial Day weekend and I figured all the good places may already be reserved. I was so fortunate to find Open Hearth Lodge! The prices were very reasonable, the room was cheery (love the bright striped cotton blanket on the beds!) and clean. The rooms are not modern (hey, what do you expect!?) but I believe the owners spend money in all the right places. Nice cotton sheets. Cotton towels in good shape.
Nora (owner) checked us in. She was kind and friendly. Later, I saw her cleaning a hallway with her toddler grand-daughter. A true family-owned and operated hotel!
I was very pleased to be able to bring my dog, and there was plenty of space for us to walk around the grounds. There are poop-bags near the back door, and the grounds were very clean.
I would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge is in a meadow on 6+acres at the Welcome to Sister Bay sign. Clean, friendly, well appointed, we offer fine accommodations at a reasonable cost, year round... Located minutes from beaches, state parks, biking, hiking, golf as well as the art, music and theater of Door County. Visit orchards, farm markets, wineries, or hang out at the pool or near the fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Open Hearth Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Open Hearth Hotel Sister Bay
- Open Hearth Lodge Sister Bay, Door County, WI