“Great place for Lunch”

Door County Creamery
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Farmstead Cheesery and Eatery. We make cheese and gelato right here at the store from our farms milk. Here you are able to sample and watch how all our handmade farmstead products are made. Artisan Sandwiches, Salads, Soups, Cheeses, Meats, Beers, Cheese & Wine Pairings and anything you might want for a picnic we can help you assemble. Come pet our baby goats and spend the afternoon on our sunny patio.
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We were in Sister bay this weekend and tried the Creamery for lunch .We knew they had great gelato but never had a mean there. My wife and ordered Meat and cheese sampler. It consisted of about 6 different lunch meats, six different cheeses, two types of bread, and some garnishes. It was great, we lived it, and can't wait to go back. The price was about $22 and my wife and I could not eat all. I would say it would feed three people comfortably.
The people working there were very nice. The service was a little slow, but worth it.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

New have been there twice now for gelato after dinner. It is made of goat's milk at about 5% fat. It is barely over cow'a milk. The gelato is excellent but does not carry the strong flavor of goat's milk. It is very good. More fruity flavors would be better. Quite happy with it though. They also serve pastries and sandwiches. They sell artisan cheeses, a small selection of wine and some handmade soap based on goat's cream.

2  Thank kawidd
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stopped in after the beach for a treat, the gelato is great! We stopped just before closing and the owner was wonderful and friendly.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is a wonderful artisan cheese shop right in the heart of door county. They specialize in fresh goat's milk cheese that they bring in from their own dairy goat farm right up the road. Note to all you lactose intolerant travellers, goats milk products will probably agree with you! My husband and oldest daughter are both lactose intolerant and were able to enjoy their products without feeling sick

.I had read about this place in Door County Magazine and put it on my "Must try" list. The funny thing is, we found accidentily the morning we went to Al Johnson's. The wait was 2 hours, so we put our names down and decided to explore the shops. We were really hungry during our wait so we decided to stop for a "snack" at the creamery since it was right there and we had a long wait. It was the best spur of the moment visit ever! I can't remember exactly the names of the sandwiches we tried but one was a cheese curd sandwich with sometime of spread. "Best grilled cheese ever" said by my adult kids! My husband and I also shared a flat bread style sandwich with arugila,procuito,and I think it had a garlic aioli, oh and the cheese curds. My 10 and 12 year olds enjoyed the kids flat bread, which was pretty much like a pizza. "Best pizza ever, mom" and they are very picky! My husband enjoyed it so much, he insisted we return the following day for lunch "on purpose" this time! We did and also enjoyed their goats milk gelato! Best gelato I ever had.

The store itself was very quaint and had a modern store front look mixed with old world style architecture which is very common in this area. Very historic in nature, loved it! The staff extremely friendly and informative about their products. Best of all they had free samples of their cheese spreads. They also have wine and cheese pairings and plates to sample, which we regretted not having the time to try ourselves. The prices are reasonable, and the products very enjoyable.

1  Thank whatever4andnomore
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a unique place serving (as much as possible) exclusively goat milk products. The have a beautiful sitting area, out door seating, and two goats in a pen near the sidewalk. They even have goat milk gelato. They offered a very large selection of goat milk-derived cheeses, made on the premises. The cheeses we tried were delicious and we would certainly go back.