“Wonderful food with matching views!”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Beautiful restaurant with stunning views of the harbor and sunset. I high reccomend making a reservation and being seated before sunset so you can watch while you dine on amazing cuisine. My husband and I both enjoyed the lobster bisque which was wonderful. I had the Ahi Tuna while my husband enjoyed the Scallops. Both dinners were amazing. A nice wine selection to match as we enjoyed the Pouilley Fusse... yum!!! We were so full from dinner but topped it off with a small scoop of pistachio gelato. Our waitress was wonderful and make suggestions that were spot on. A beautiful place for a nice evening to enjoy fine wine, great views and wonderful food.

1  Thank hms16

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I took a last minute trip up to Door County and stayed in Egg Harbor. We heard great things about the Waterfront Restaurant so we had to try it out. We ate on a Saturday night, and it was pretty busy, so reservations are suggested. We started with some fried calamari, which was delicious (very lightly fried and came with two tasty sauces). I had their Lobster and Local Whitefish entree and was not disappointed. The lobster wasn't the best I've ever had (and what can you expect when eating lobster in the middle of the country), but it was worth it and I had no complaints. But the whitefish (sourced from local waters) was spectacular and I could tell it was fresh. My wife had their wedge salad and ravioli, and if you like bacon make sure to try the salad because it was chock full of real bacon bits. The ravioli was tasty, but the only downside is that the dish was quite small (it only came with one puck-sized ravioli along with a couple of slices of toasted french bread). We ended our meal with a home-made chocolate chip cookie topped with a melted fudge and a side of pistachio ice cream. The cookie was made to order, but the wait was definitely worth it! Anyone in Door County should make a stop by The Waterfront if they are looking for some fine dining!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We've been coming to Door Co for easily 35 years and somehow this great place remained unnoticed to us. Turns out they've been here 10 years and Wow, what a great spot. As intimated in the title, it had been a nasty nasty day and evening weather-wise and we were in serious need of warmth and comfort. Waterfront did not disappoint. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with with warmth and professionalism. As you enter, you know that this is one of the more upscale restaurants for Door Co - which is known for a little more low key old fashioned 'supper club' dining. (Although no one's ever explained to me what a 'supper club' is). In truth, there aren't that many really upscale dining spots in Door Co - many good just not exactly upscale. Anyway, we came in from the cold and rain and emerged into a large entrance area - nicely decorated - and from there you further emerge into several dining areas and a bar area that we didn't really see. The staff - from the woman at the front to our waiter and everyone else we encountered was just great. Most of the tables appeared to have water/ dock views. Ours certainly did. My one and only caveat is that from the description of this place, I expected a bigger selection of fresh seafood and steaks. I thought that's what we would find. I can't comment on the steaks because I think I only saw one on the menu and the only fish/ seafood that caught any interest was something with lobster (my fave) but it seemed way too convoluted in terms of it was... this with this with this and so on. I'm a purist and just want my seafood strait forward. Admittedly that's just me. What they did have was a nice little array of pasta dishes. All done moderately complex (again not for me) but not so much as to be overwhelming. Our party tried 3 different ones - which I think was about all there was and all were very good. Anyway, thanks to this very lovely place for a nice, warm evening

Reviewed 17 April 2014

First time we ate here was right after a trip to France. I looked at my wife and said, "This is the best plate I've had all year!" In a word: Stunning! From atmosphere, wine list, menu this is a great experience. We've been many times and will go many more. Yes, get the sunset window seat (or eat on the deck) because this is the best marine restaurant view in Door County. Apps and wine at the bar are a great romantic, classy experience too.
I hope the owners continue to keep the quality way up there and not succumb to huge portions-take-home-box scenario everyone else seems to do. One of the qualities we truly respected on our first visit was the presentation of a beautifully prepared plate with a realistic portion.

2  Thank Dan651
Reviewed 7 January 2014

One of our newest "annual traditions" while up in Door County is to always plan an evening around the Waterfront Restaurant. The views of the water from the dining room are hard to beat, and the decor of the restaurant says fine dining--but not in a stuffy way. A wonderful wine list, and cocktails from the bar never hurt when enjoying your hard earned time off !!.I highly recommend going on an evening that they are offering the pasta tasting night. We have sampled everything offered over the years, but I highly recommend the Bolognese Pappardelle, the Truffle Pappardelle, and the Risotto. Do not make the mistake of thinking that this is a tasting menu and the portions are small. I promise you that you will not leave the table hungry. I am a big fan of experiencing the casual bar type dining that this area has to offer, but if you are looking to include a "fine dining" night during your visit trust me ----try the Waterfront.

2  Thank Terrance M