“Very nice upscale dinner.”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Sister Bay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We visited twice for two dinners during our vacation stay in August. We went back because of the good meal we had the first time. Both were during weekdays. We had to go before six to get a window table. The first night was a spectacular view, the seoond night we were put off to the side. The service was quite attentive, but the server on the second night could not quite get it right. But she tried. I think it was a cultural gap, since she appeared to be from Eastern Europe although she spoke English quite well. She brought out totally the wrong bottle of wine. She seemed fixated on the brand, rather than the grape. She had to go to the restaurant wine expert. Also brought out two desserts rather than the one we ordered, but we were only charged for one, so I guess that came out in the wash. The lobster bisque was exquisite and the pasta dishes were qutie good. I would skip the Ceaser salad. I would recommend this restaurant if you are visiting the Sister Bay region, but do not wear jeans, it is more dressy than that.

3  Thank Kathy G

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I ate here recently. We had a 6pm reservation (highly recommended) on a Friday. The staff did not rush us at all, which is a nice change from many places. We left shortly after a spectacular sunset that we were able to watch both from our table and from the patio right outside. I had scallops which were some of the best I have had and my wife had halibut which was probably the very best we have tried. The chef accommodated us by substituting different sides than normally went with the halibut - despite being very busy. The portions were probably just adequate. Without the bread and an appetizer or other dish you probably will not leave particularly full. The prices are also fairly high, with entrees being mostly around $35. However, for a special occasion or last night of vacation meal, the quality of food, service, and view, was worth the price.

1  Thank CRDiner
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We returned to Waterfront for another anniversary dinner and were reminded of our last visit here. Great atmosphere, fantastic view and excellent food. We started by sharing some escargot that were prepared with a delicate, fried crusty shell and were very tasty. I had a wedge salad that was to die for. The blue cheese dressing with crumbled bacon was so good I could have eaten a whole bowl of it. My tenderloin was one of the best I had. Not too huge and it just melted in your mouth it was so tender and the bordalaise sauce was excellent. My wife had the diver scallops that were also delicious. Since we were celebrating we both had desserts that were also very good. (chocolate chip cookie pie with chocolate sauce and ice cream). When in Sister Bay, don't pass up an opportunity to dine at Waterfront

Reviewed 16 August 2014

A small party of us trusted ourselves to the hoped for tender mercy of the staff of the Waterfront Restaurant - and our hopes were not dashed. The restaurant is located right on the Green Bay shoreline of Sister Bay, in Door County of Wisconsin. And we were seated beside windows wide and tall, giving us sweeping water views and, eventually, of the sun setting into the bay. Superb!

What about the dining experience? Well, actually, there's not much to say other than when eating at the Waterfront, you will encounter EXCELLENCE. The service is friendly but professional - and very efficient. The ambience, given the views, cannot be faulted. The food .... the wide-ranging food, of generous portions, is top quality and cooked to perfection. And although the cost for all of this is not cheap, it is acceptable. You really do get what you pay for at the Waterfront Restaurant. Check it out if you're in the vicinity.

1  Thank Nicholas K
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Repeat visit here. Outstanding food especially the ahi tuna. Appreciate the more European pace but it did take 45 minutes just to get the bed basket. Things improved after we complained but I took a star off the rating anyway