“Wonderful Experience in Door County”

Sweetbriar Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sister Bay
Sweetbriar Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Sister Bay B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful Experience in Door County”
Reviewed 4 July 2005

My partner and I were looking for a romantic getaway in Door County during the annual Lighthouse Walk weekend. We found Sweetbriar on the web and booked solely on their website.

Bob and Mavis were extremely hospitable and accomodating. We had a special needs diet, to which they catered. I had also requested peach colored roses in the suite for my partner's birthday. Not only did we get roses in every corner of the room, we had two HUGE cupcakes with birthday candles. Every detail was meticulously met.

The grounds were gorgeous with abundant wildlife and foliage. The meals were eclectic and tasty.

Will we go back again? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Reviewed 11 August 2004

Absolutely outstanding! Beautiful, quiet, serene. Excellent full breakfasts and fabulous customer-centric hosts. Two thumbs up!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2004

I had been telling my Husband Mark, that I would like to stay at a B&B in Door County for years. It just never seem to happen. Then he came Home from a business trip and said "let's go". After a search on the internet I called Sweetbriar and they had an opening for Sat and Sun (3rd and 4th of July!). I said "we're coming!" Upon arrival, my husband drove right out of the driveway thinking it was a private home (remember 1st time). We came back and checked in, met Bob and he showed us around the common areas. For anyone who likes to watch birds, there is a deck overlooking a meadow, it is a very peaceful place to sit and let the birds come to you. There is also a meadow trail for those who like to move their legs a little. Our room was wonderful. We met Mavis in the morning making breakfast which was delicious. The thing that I liked most was talking and sharing in the kitchen with Bob and Mavis before breakfast, and getting to know the other guests while we were there. It was a very easy stay and I would do so again. A nice perk that I didn't think about at first was that we were not right in downtown Sister Bay so the evenings were quiet, yet we were minutes from hustle and bustle in any direction.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 August 2003

We came to Sweetbriar at the beginning of August. We had been booked into the Thorp House in Fish Creek, but we were miserable there and went looking for another place to stay. We found Sweetbriar through another B&B we stopped at. That innkeeper called ahead for us to see if there was a vacancy for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. After getting a positive response, we headed over. The owner showed us a very nice room with a balcony. We said we'd take it and would be back the next day. He had us fill out and sign a registration card which showed that we would be staying Thursday, Friday and Saturday. When we got back to Thorp House and told our innkeeper that we couldn't get a decent night's sleep there and were leaving, she said she would refund the remainder of our deposit if she could rent the room and suggested we leave immediately. We called Sweetbriar. They said to come right over. When we got there, Bob said he'd made a mistake with the reservation, and the room he showed us was booked for Thursday night, but he gave us a free upgrade to another room. Also, he'd lost the registration card we'd filled out. His helper gave my husband a blank registration card and asked him to fill in his contact information and sign it, which he did. On Saturday afternoon, Bob came to our room and said he was really embarrassed but we needed to pack our bags and leave immediately because another couple was on their way over to check into our room. He showed my husband a signed registration card that showed us staying only Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and told him the mistake was our fault, citing the signed registration card. They gave us the option of moving to the home of some friends of theirs, but we were really upset about being asked to leave the B&B and decided to leave Door County a day early, forfeiting concert tickets for that night ($56!), which we left with the innkeepers. It wasn't until hours after we'd left that my husband remembered the second registration card he'd been asked to sign was blank. This is a lovely B&B, but if you decide to stay here, better check your reservation three times or keep your bags packed!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#9 of 17 in Sister Bay
Homestead Suites
Homestead Suites
#2 of 10 in Fish Creek

Been to Sweetbriar Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!